TaxJar Setup Documentation?

Chris Allen

Mar 15, 2019, 11:47:04 AM3/15/19
to Stone Edge User Group
Hey folks. We're setting up a 7.046 installation in a test environment, and want to test out the new TaxJar functionality. Is there any documentation on that? The online knowledgebase doesn't cover recent versions...
Message has been deleted

Kevin Horowski

Mar 15, 2019, 12:13:57 PM3/15/19
to Stone Edge User Group

First you would want to set the parameter for TaxJarAPIToken and then then potentially the following parameters to TaxJar:

 SalesTaxSystem

ManualOrderSalesTaxSystem

POSSalesTaxSystem

(SalesTaxSystem can also be set on the Cart level if needed)

 You would then enter your company address information for the following parameters:

TaxAddress1

TaxAddress2

TaxAddress3

TaxCity

TaxState

TaxCountry set to US

TaxZip

If using POS there are separate parameters for each of the ones mentioned above...POSTaxAddress, POSTaxCity, POSTaxState, etc...

One last parameter that you might want to set would be LimitAPICalls

Next you would want to go to Settings>Data Functions>List Maintenance

Go to Sales Tax States and then select the states that you will need the tax calculations done for.

Go to TaxJar Product Tax Codes and click Get TaxJar Codes.  These will be needed if you need to assign tax codes to your inventory.

Lastly on the bottom View Inventory form there is a dropdown list on the main screen to select the different tax codes on a product by product basis.  If you inventory doesn't fall under any of the categories, you can leave the dropbown blank and when that happens I believe everything is sent back to TaxJar as General Merchandise.

If you set everything up according to what is above everything should work.  If it doesn't open a support ticket with us and we can troubleshoot the issue.  If needed I can then come back to this post and update the instructions if there was anything missed or if anything I said was wrong.

Paul Christel

Mar 15, 2019, 12:47:07 PM3/15/19
to Stone Edge User Group

Kevin –

Can you confirm the level of this integration?  Is it just getting the rates for tax calculations in SE or is it posting transactions to TJ?  Right now, we’d prefer the former.

Thanks,
Paul

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 11:47 AM Chris Allen <ch...@historicalemporium.com> wrote:

Hey folks. We're setting up a 7.046 installation in a test environment, and want to test out the new TaxJar functionality. Is there any documentation on that? The online knowledgebase doesn't cover recent versions...

Kevin Horowski

Mar 15, 2019, 12:51:17 PM3/15/19
to Stone Edge User Group
The integration with TaxJar is just tax calculations.  The Avalara integration we have does both the tax calculations and also submits the tax information to them.

Chris Allen

Mar 15, 2019, 12:53:43 PM3/15/19
to Stone Edge User Group
Thanks Kevin

I think I tried most of this already, but will follow step by step to see if I missed something.  I suspect I need to do something different in the inventory records to make sure it passes taxability over to TaxJar.

Chris