Miva Import Issue

in...@oyendigital.com

Nov 30, 2018, 12:39:46 PM11/30/18
to Stone Edge User Group
We had some issues recently with Miva imports that cleared after disabling 2 factor authentication.

However, since 11/28 we have been unable to import Miva orders.  No error message - the attached screenshot shows our import attempt, but it looks like the file from Miva is empty.  We placed several test orders today and nothing imported.

It has been so long since we setup the Miva/Stoneedge integration that I'm not sure where to look in Miva/Stoneedge to see the underlying issue. Is this with Miva or is there something in Stoneedge that needs to be adjusted?
web import.JPG

cycl...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2018, 1:23:03 PM12/3/18
to Stone Edge User Group
Our Miva account got updated last week causing us to spend some time and several calls to Miva before things were resolved.  We added a new Miva user name specifically for SEOM order retrieval use that does not require any special authentication.  Miva support had to set this up.

After we creating the new user in Miva, go to "Setup Wizard" in SEOM, select "Shopping Carts" then "Create and Edit Shopping Carts", select the Miva cart if you have multiple carts listed, click "Edit", enter the new User Name and Password, save then click the Test Script URL to make sure the new user / pw work properly. Save and exit the Setup Wizard.

Hope this helps,

Bob R
CycleBuy.com
using SEOM since 2008. Still on 5.938 Enterprise.  Happy to see SEOM coming back to life ...

Cale Reeder

Dec 3, 2018, 5:52:23 PM12/3/18
to cycl...@gmail.com, ston...@googlegroups.com
To all the Miva users out there,

... this is a good point. We discovered roughly 5 years ago to set up a user that was only used by StoneEdge, and never a human. This also allows us to NOT have to update that password every 90 days like we have to with a human login. If you haven't done this you should do it today, plus have Miva support set up that login, so it won't require authentication. This would include any API login that connects to Miva, as long as it's not used by a human.

Cale

Travis

Dec 3, 2018, 6:17:28 PM12/3/18
to Stone Edge User Group
Great tip Cale, thanks for sharing! I have a client moving from another platform to Miva soon. Any other issues you ran into setting up Miva with SE?
-Travis

Cale Reeder

Dec 3, 2018, 6:39:20 PM12/3/18
to Travis Romine, John Frazar, ston...@googlegroups.com
Hey Travis,

That's the big one.

I will have to say, if your client plans on using Amazon Pay, StoneEdge's Miva Import module has not been updated yet to support it.
[John Frazar are you reading this?
So I had to find a 3rd party module developer who had a copy of the source code and alter it, but I think in the last Miva update something broke and we need to fix it again.

Other than Amazon Pay, I know of no other issues.

Cale

Travis

Dec 3, 2018, 6:44:51 PM12/3/18
to Stone Edge User Group
Duly noted on the Amazon Pay, I don't have a lot of clients using that in general but I appreciate the heads up. Thanks again Cale for taking the time to share this.
-Travis

Cale Reeder

Dec 3, 2018, 6:57:47 PM12/3/18
to Travis Romine, ston...@googlegroups.com
Travis,

If not, they should. It's significant.

We highly modified the Miva Amazon Pay module, since it was not Responsive when we added it a year ago.

Cale

in...@oyendigital.com

Dec 4, 2018, 5:28:28 PM12/4/18
to Stone Edge User Group
Miva insists it is on Stoneedge's side:

It sounds like you will need to update StoneEdge to map to the SKU field which we are not familiar with here in support. If you need assistance with that part, I would recommend reaching out to Stone Edge Support: https://www.stoneedge.com/support/

The odd thing is some orders import, but at other times they do not.  There does not appear to be a consistent theme to why certain orders import (payment method, sku variation, etc.)