SEOM server inventory sync

Moe

Mar 22, 2019, 12:38:55 PM3/22/19
to Stone Edge User Group

Hello,

Just wanted to find out if there is a communication issue between the SEOM and the servers. We have been noticing that the quantities are not being transmitted to the servers and they are wildly off.
This resolves itself when we do a manual push through the shopping carts screen in the ordermanager - but we should not have to do this manually every time.

Inventory gets decremented and replenished constantly and inventory needs to be synced constantly - so this is a huge issue for us.

Thanks for your help on this.

Morris

John Frazar

Mar 23, 2019, 7:41:15 AM3/23/19
to Stone Edge User Group
Morris,

This sounds like a case of your “Stack” getting clogged up (sounds like a plumbing problem when I put it that way).

The stack is like a printer queue for all posts that are waiting to be sent to the Web. You can use a single “shared stack” that lives on one dedicated PC or each individual PC can use their own stack (Local Stack) to queue up posts.

Check out the parameter called “WebStackController” and see if that’s set to Local or Shared. If it’s shared look up “WevStackLocation” for the name of the PC that is acting as the stack controller. Go to that PC and hit CTRL+Shift+S from the main menu. This will open up the stack queue and show you any issues. If it’s a Local stack you have to do this on each Pc to find the culprit.

I hope this helps,

John Frazar

Moe

Mar 25, 2019, 7:06:02 PM3/25/19
to Stone Edge User Group
John,

Running into another issue which I don't think we have ever encountered before and is pretty urgent.
We have noticed some SKU's that we lookup on the SEOM Web server have quantity - however our Yahoo store thinks it's out of stock.

So there is a bad connection somewhere where yahoo is reading 0 on the back end where we actually have stock on SEOM WEB SERVER.

This is the link we have been using for years without any issues:

Can you look into this?

Thanks,

Morris

John Frazar

Mar 26, 2019, 11:53:37 AM3/26/19
to Stone Edge User Group
We're going to need more information to troubleshoot this. Please contact the Stone Edge support team (sup...@stoneedge.com) and they can dive in a little deeper and try to figure out what's going on.

Thanks,

John Frazar

Mike Chen

Jun 28, 2019, 12:51:33 PM6/28/19
to Stone Edge User Group
We are having the exact same issue. Are you migrated to the new Yahoo C2C cart?  I think it is why.

Daniel Scanlan

Jun 28, 2019, 1:17:49 PM6/28/19
to Mike Chen, Stone Edge User Group
Are you calling the server directly or are you using king webmasters centerfuge?  If you are using the king webmaster setup notify Dan R over there and he can update the location for looking up inventory.

Dan Scanlan

Daniel Scanlan
Development Manager
Connect 2 Cart
Esperanto Commerce LLC

Mike Chen

Jul 5, 2019, 7:23:25 PM7/5/19
to Stone Edge User Group
Hey Daniel,

Dan from Kingwebmaster had ran the initial test on centrifuge backend to sync inventory from the new location but it seems not working. Can you provide an update for us?

MC

On Friday, March 22, 2019 at 9:38:55 AM UTC-7, Moe wrote:

Hello,

Just wanted to find out if there is a communication issue between the SEOM and the servers. We have been noticing that the quantities are not being transmitted to the servers and they are wildly off.
This resolves itself when we do a manual push through the shopping carts screen in the ordermanager - but we should not have to do this manually every time.

Inventory gets decremented and replenished constantly and inventory needs to be synced constantly - so this is a huge issue for us.

Thanks for your help on this.

Morris

Anant Babtiwale

Jul 12, 2019, 2:32:04 PM7/12/19
to Stone Edge User Group
Is anybody out there having issues with having incorrect Kit QOH sent to the new inventory servers?  We have been having issues with it for over 3 weeks without a resolution so I am not sure if others out there are being affected as well.

- Anant

Daniel Scanlan

Jul 12, 2019, 4:22:24 PM7/12/19
to Anant Babtiwale, Stone Edge User Group
Anant,

Are you having any issues with non kit related items?
The kit inventory is known issue that is being worked on.

Dan Scanlan

Eddie Khanbeigi

May 22, 2020, 11:31:50 AM5/22/20
to Stone Edge User Group
Hi John,

Sorry to dig up an old thread here, but I'm having a similar issue. We are on SEOM 7.022 and are integrated with Miva 9.  We use a shared stack controller.  Right now, regardless of what we do, if we make a real time inventory adjustment, the request goes into the Stack but does not process on its own.  It gets stuck in there until someone presses CTRL-SHIFT-S and pushes the stack items through manually (there are no errors in the stack, it’s just not automatically flushing).  Once you manually push through everything works as intended (inventory is updated on the MIVA side)… but this is not “real time” and if you forget or do the process out of order (e.g., Sent QOH to Miva and then flush something that is stuck it the stack), you can really screw up inventory (which we’ve done more than a few times over the past four years).  Is real time inventory sync better integrated in 7.7 as it relates to Miva 9?  Or I'd love some suggestions on how I can fix things on my side.

Thank you,
-Eddie

____________________________

Eddie Khanbeigi

COO and General Counsel

Kiyonna Clothing, Inc.

1315 N. Brasher Street

Anaheim Hills, California 92807

www.kiyonna.com

Kevin Horowski

May 22, 2020, 12:21:28 PM5/22/20
to Stone Edge User Group
Hi Eddie,

Are there ever any records on the stack controller that are showing errors or attempts greater than 1?  If so it's possible they are blocking other updates.

Are you using a local or shared stack controller?  If a shared stack, make sure the PC set as the shared stack is turned on and Stone Edge is open on it.  You can look in system parameters at the following parameters to determine if using shared or local stack and then what PC you have specified as the stack.  WebStackLocation and WebStackController.

Kevin

Eddie Khanbeigi

May 25, 2020, 2:28:28 PM5/25/20
to Stone Edge User Group
Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the reply.  There are no errors on the stack controller, and no attempts showing anything other than 0.  We use a shared stack, and when I go to WebStackLocation I see the field populated for the computer name.  I know the stack kind of works, because I can go in the stack, and see if there are any records.  If I see records, I can press "Send Now" and everything works (inventory is updated, order status changes are sent, etc.)...and the stack is cleared.  It just doesn't seem to do it automatically.

Any further assistance you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Eddie

Kevin Horowski

May 25, 2020, 6:07:23 PM5/25/20
to Stone Edge User Group
The stack runs on a timer, and it sounds like something is preventing that timer from running and triggering the stack.  I don't remember any known issues with the shared stack.  Next time you notice the updates aren't sending, can you try to restart Stone Edge and give if like a minute or so and then hit Control-Shift-S on that PC and see if it says the stack is loaded?

Kevin