Upgrading SQL Server & Server OS Versions - any gotchas?

Chris Allen

Aug 12, 2020, 12:20:10 PM8/12/20
to Stone Edge User Group
We currently run SEOM Enterprise on SQL Server 2008, on Windows Server 2008.  We're on SEOM 5.938, but will soon upgrade to 7.052.

We are in the process of building out a brand new server to support SEOM, using Windows Server (2016 or 2019)  and SQL Server (2016 or 2019)

Has anyone else made this sort of transition with SEOM?   Any gotchas we need to look out for while upgrading (i.e. procedures, table structure, etc.) ?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Chris Allen

Aug 13, 2020, 11:28:34 AM8/13/20
to Stone Edge User Group
Just to clarify, it will be Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2019

steve

Aug 17, 2020, 12:50:05 PM8/17/20
to Stone Edge User Group
You should be fine with the versions of SQL/Windows you mention above.

Chris Allen

Oct 21, 2020, 4:51:10 PM10/21/20
to Stone Edge User Group
Quick follow-up on this, we've migrated to SQL 2019 / Windows Server 2019 and it was pretty smooth transition.

Getting the Server OS migrated took a couple of upgrade steps, but the SEOM database itself came right into the new SQL without a hitch.