StoneEdge version 8.x

Lawrence Neibauer

Jul 14, 2023, 12:59:44 PM7/14/23
to Stone Edge User Group
Hey everyone, I received an email to upgrade to Version 8.x of Stone Edge.We are currently on version 7.732. I was wondering if anyone else in this group has done the upgrade yet and are there any "gotchas" that we should know about. when we upgraded to version 7, we had a "gotcha" moment where the software had some international shipping issues that we needed to get resolved pretty early on. I am just curious how things went for anyone who has upgraded to the new version. Thanks in advance
  --Larry

Mark Sherman

Jul 14, 2023, 1:02:24 PM7/14/23
to ston...@googlegroups.com

We have been on 8 for a few weeks. The initial version had several challenges that were corrected in ver 8.02. This actually works pretty well and the new advanced customer page and order pages are a great improvement.

Mark Sherman, VP-Sales
3014 NW 25 Ave
Pompano Beach, FL 33069 USA
954-975-0012

On 7/14/2023 12:59 PM, Lawrence Neibauer wrote:
Hey everyone, I received an email to upgrade to Version 8.x of Stone Edge.We are currently on version 7.732. I was wondering if anyone else in this group has done the upgrade yet and are there any "gotchas" that we should know about. when we upgraded to version 7, we had a "gotcha" moment where the software had some international shipping issues that we needed to get resolved pretty early on. I am just curious how things went for anyone who has upgraded to the new version. Thanks in advance
  --Larry

Lawrence Neibauer

Aug 31, 2023, 12:52:40 PM8/31/23
to Stone Edge User Group
thanks for the reply, we just upgraded to 8.04 and we are having some minor issues with international shipping and customs but overall so far so good.

Sean Lawson

Aug 31, 2023, 1:19:25 PM8/31/23
to Lawrence Neibauer, Stone Edge User Group
Love the upgrade. One thing you need to know before you upgrade is licensing requirements. Before you would get a nasty warning box if you exceeded 5 logins. Now if you get to 10 simultaneous logins, you'll have to kick someone out before you can log in. The stack server counts as 1 as well if you are running a stack system. It's not clean but it is a hard line they have put in place.

Otherwise Barney's Advance view customer service and the advance view orders are a MAJOR improvement to the system. The issue is that the forms are not always loading. You can set everything correct and it will load, then will revert back to the old forms without the AVO / ACS screens. Not sure how or why that happens.

Shipping hasn't been a problem.

Do you have an opportunity where I can earn more of your business? Please let me know!

Sean Lawson, President

https://www.thepublicsafetystore.com
The Public Safety Store, LLC
2009 Family Cir Ste 3
Lexington, KY 40505

www.ThePublicSafetyStore.com

khor...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2023, 1:24:14 PM8/31/23
to Stone Edge User Group
Hi Lawrence,

What type of issues are you having with the International Shipping and Customs?  We have begun testing the next version but if this is something major we might be able to get it added for that release.  You can either reply here or submit a ticket and we can try to reproduce it, but if we can't then we will need to connect with you for more info.

Kevin

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted