International Shipments 7.7

Paul Christel

Feb 26, 2021, 4:08:44 PM2/26/21
to ston...@googlegroups.com

I’ve got a few questions/comments on the International Shipment form in 7.7.

  • Is there a way to set the default tariff code to use for our products?
  • A default/generic description would be helpful.  Using our product names does not work for us as we’ve learned in the past with both USPS and UPS.
  • Lastly, how can we set the country of origin?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Christel

Mar 1, 2021, 10:54:41 AM3/1/21
to ston...@googlegroups.com

I did a little more testing with the USPS International labels and it seems as though the description is hard-coded to populate “merchandise.”  We need to be able to modify this, because we’re pretty confident based upon past experience, that this is too generic.  We have been told the description needs to be something that customs officials will understand such as the type of merchandise (in our case, putting “Model Railroad Merchandise” has been accepted.   Putting our product names causes issues, because nobody at customs understands what it means.

The country of origin seems to be auto-populating with US, which is going to cause clearance issues as well.   The vast majority of our products did not originate in the US.

Lastly, can we have the Sender’s signature and date populated automatically?  Right now, these are blank.

Paul

Jim Nafus

Mar 1, 2021, 12:34:28 PM3/1/21
to Paul Christel, ston...@googlegroups.com
The product description being hard coded as "merchandise" was fixed.  (not sure when, but I'm on 7.721 and it used the product description, now - wish we could use a separate "customs description" field, though).  Country of origin is listed in the inventory item screen (on the main inventory item tab, underneath barcode, Credit Account, Email BCC, and Fulfillment Ctr).  The HS code, however, is located on the Misc. tab on the right hand side (under the "messages to be displayed at manual orders and POS" section).

Paul Christel

Mar 1, 2021, 2:05:47 PM3/1/21
to ston...@googlegroups.com, Paul Christel

Hmmm, I’m testing 7.721 and it simply printed “merchandise” under the “Detailed description of contents”.    We don’t presently have the COO populated in the inventory table. Historically, we just selected it when printing (not efficient, but we have a LOT of SKU’s and don’t do a lot of international shipping).  It would be really nice if it used what was there and if missing, then prompted and then saved it in the table for future use.  I’ll update some items in inventory and see what happens with the COO and Tariff codes.  However, not sure what to do about the description not using product info.

Paul

Mar 1, 2021, 5:17:52 PM3/1/21
to Jim Nafus, ston...@googlegroups.com

OK, I printed a USPS Priority Mail International label and it printed the product names.  I was testing USPS First Class International earlier.  That still has the problem.

However, on this label it still printed “US” for the country of origin on both items.  One of the items has China selected in inventory.  The other is blank in inventory.  This seems to be hardcoded.  Are your international labels showing the correct Country of Origin?

Paul