Sneak Peak: Brand New Shipping Functionality

John Frazar

Aug 28, 2018, 3:58:52 PM8/28/18
to Stone Edge User Group

Howdy - Here is a very tiny sneak peak at a portion of our new shipping integration that's slated to be released very soon.

This is a direct shipping integration that will replace all other shipping integrations that are built-in to Stone Edge.

  • A single cohesive interface for printing labels across all the major carriers.  No dependency on 3rd party software.  All carriers are supported through a single interface.
  • Built-in automatic rate shopping to select the least expensive and valid shipping method that meets the delivery commitment requirements of the order.
    • i.e., customer selected 2nd Day Air, but ground will get it there just as fast, use that!  BIG MONEY SAVER!
    • Or, if you use generic shipping methods like "Standard" or "Express", you can define what those mean (i.e., Express is guaranteed delivery in 2-days or less) and let the software pick the least expensive method that conforms.
  • Address Validation service
  • Print shipping labels from View Orders, "Quick Ship" (what the screen shots show), and a new "Pack & Ship" screen
  • Still supports batch printing
    • "Approve and Print Later" will request the label and store it to be printed later. Which means super fast printing.
  • Full support for international customs documents!
  • Print to thermal Zebra/Eltron printers, 8.5" x 11" half-sheet labels, or to PDF.
  • Send prepaid shipping labels to customers for returns
  • It's tied in with your UPS/FedEx accounts to get your negotiated rates.
  • Same support for scales & barcode scanners
  • Much faster label printing.
    • The current integration needs to pass data from Stone Edge, to ShipRush, to UPS Servers, back to ShipRush, then to Stone Edge, then finally to your printer.
  • We will eventually tie this into drop-shipments as well so that you can send a PDF of a label to your supplier with their address as the origin.
  • There is no cost to use this!
If anyone would like to be a beta tester of this new feature please message me and I'll reach out when it ready to go.  We'll be announcing a webinar soon for a live demo of this as well.

Thanks!

John Frazar
list-ship (1).png
order view.png

Keyur Shah

Aug 28, 2018, 5:35:33 PM8/28/18
to Stone Edge User Group
that looks great.

we currently export orders to shipstation from stoneedge because they offer discounted usps rates. Is there any way to get those types of discounted rates through this sytem?

thanks.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Moe

Aug 29, 2018, 10:13:33 AM8/29/18
to Stone Edge User Group

Hi John,

Will this new rate shop
shipping functionality allow stone edge to print packing slips and shipping labels on 1 page  - for batch printing?

Thanks

John Frazar

Aug 29, 2018, 10:37:39 AM8/29/18
to Stone Edge User Group
Yes it will.  Follow up question:

Which of these two label types do you, or would you use?

1) https://www.amazon.com/Integrated-Laser-Label-Sheet-Carton/dp/B007ECSFRM/

We have the ability to do both.  Stone Edge used to do with the #1 style of label.  We called it the "Integrated label".  But I feel like a lot of people use the 1/2 sheet style (#2) where the entire sheet is a label.  We could set it up to print a label on one half and a packing slip on the other half.

John

Moe

Aug 29, 2018, 10:48:59 AM8/29/18
to Stone Edge User Group

Fantastic!

 Actually #2 would be perfect for us. We have been using the 1/2 page for years.

aemme...@oneclickventures.com

Aug 29, 2018, 4:30:48 PM8/29/18
to Stone Edge User Group
Will there be an option to print USPS pay-on-use return labels? I know we can do that with Dazzle right now.

Moe

Aug 29, 2018, 4:43:54 PM8/29/18
to Stone Edge User Group

John,

Another important factor to consider is if these labels/packing slips can be printed in some a sort order during batch printing.

For example printing labels in order of Shipping carrier/method or Location etc.

This would eliminate manual re-sorting of these slips by any of the above criteria after they have already been printed. Would be a HUGE time saver.

Thanks!
Moe

DEC

Aug 29, 2018, 8:42:56 PM8/29/18
to Stone Edge User Group
This looks excellent. we use DHL for all of our international shipments. Will this be included in this integration?

Thanks!

Brad Rusin

Aug 29, 2018, 9:33:04 PM8/29/18
to Stone Edge User Group
We're currently using Desktop Shipper. Very interested in trying this when it's available. Will there be support for UPS Mail Innovations and RRD Donnelley international?