International USPS shipments from new shipping system

Jim Nafus

Feb 19, 2020, 11:28:16 AM2/19/20
to Stone Edge User Group
WARNING - we just had a shipment returned to us by the USPS saying the customs forms did not have a specific enough item description to determine if it met the US export requirements.  The new shipping system (v. 7.711) listed the item on the customs description as "merchandise" instead of the actual product name.  I haven't had an issue with this in the past, but it seems as though US Customs is starting to crack down.

With that said, how do we go about getting the actual product to show on the customs form like the old pack/ship (or even better, allow us to put in a customs description and then group the items on the form based on that - I actually have custom code written for me that does just that, but that was for the old Pack/Ship - not the current system)???  As it stands now, we cannot use OM to ship internationally until this is fixed.  We wasted $55 on this shipment and do not want to waste any more money.

Steve Herbert

Feb 19, 2020, 8:19:25 PM2/19/20
to Stone Edge User Group
Hi Jim, It was our understanding that the information we provided was sufficient for international shipments. This is the first we’ve heard of any packages being returned. It has been on our roadmap to expand the development of the new shipping system to include more robust international features. Due to your post here it looks like we’ll be speeding this development up. At this time, however, I cannot provide any sort of timeline as to when this will be completed. We will keep the group updated on whatever progress we make and will get to work on this ASAP. Thanks for providing this information.

Steve Herbert