Error Importing from MIva

in...@oyendigital.com

Nov 16, 2018, 5:24:10 PM11/16/18
to Stone Edge User Group
When attempting to import orders from Miva today we received the error message "Error: User Name Not Found"  This is the first time we have ever seen the error.

Our Miva user name as not changed.  However, Miva now requires 2 factor authentication.  Is that causing the error? How can we update the cart within Stoneedge? Running 7.027

Cole Rath

Nov 16, 2018, 5:26:06 PM11/16/18
to in...@oyendigital.com, Stone Edge User Group
We had the same issue and disabling two factor fixes the issue.

When attempting to import orders from Miva today we received the error message "Error: User Name Not Found"  This is the first time we have ever seen the error.

Our Miva user name as not changed.  However, Miva now requires 2 factor authentication.  Is that causing the error? How can we update the cart within Stoneedge? Running 7.027

Cale Reeder

Nov 16, 2018, 5:52:46 PM11/16/18
to in...@oyendigital.com, Stone Edge User Group
It’s Miva two-factor Authentication. Our Miva administrator had to change something in the server root that allows API logins a way around the two-factor login. StoneEdge connecting to Miva to import orders or transmit inventory would fall into this category. Contact your Miva Admin and let them know which logins are APIs.

Cale

Sent from my iPhone

Kevin Horowski

Nov 16, 2018, 6:23:24 PM11/16/18
to Stone Edge User Group
Here are the instructions from Miva...

"If you are using any external system which requires a Miva username or password to connect to Miva you’ll need designate that user an API user which will disable browser verification and forced 2-factor authentication.

Important: Its extremely important you only do these steps for users which are used to connect to Miva via an external system (Synchro, Shipstation, Stone Edge, Shipworks, Dynamic Order Export, etc) and not being used to login to Miva by a real person. Doing so will greatly reduce the security of your ecommerce store.

Steps

1. Login into to Miva
2. Ensure your store is updated to Miva 9.10
3. Navigate to Users and edit the user you wish to designate an API user
4. In the Description field for that user enter the text “api” and hit save

You can repeat this process for any other API users you may have."

-Kevin

in...@oyendigital.com

Nov 19, 2018, 5:42:20 PM11/19/18
to Stone Edge User Group
Still having the same issue after disabling 2-factor and checking the settings.

Is the Miva "store manager" the same as the cart id/user name in Stoneedge? Or can those be different?

ba...@willoughbyscoffee.com

Nov 19, 2018, 6:10:39 PM11/19/18
to Stone Edge User Group
When two factor became mandatory we had the same issue and called Miva support.  They made the necessary changes to the user associated with the import script and all was solved in minutes.

Cale Reeder

Nov 19, 2018, 7:01:24 PM11/19/18
to ba...@willoughbyscoffee.com, ston...@googlegroups.com
Same thing for us. Call Miva Support!