7.040 email not working

al...@bikeman.com

Dec 27, 2018, 1:17:01 PM12/27/18
to Stone Edge User Group
We just upgraded to 7.040 in advance of the December 31st UPS API deprecation.  Unfortunately we are now getting an error when trying to send an email from the View Orders screen, "ActiveX component can't create object."  We have tried re-compiling OM on affected installations but still get the error.  The issue can be duplicated on at least two installations but we have at least one installation that is not reporting error.

Anybody else having this issue?

Alan N. Starrett
Bath Cycle & Ski / Bikeman.com

Kevin Horowski

Dec 27, 2018, 1:27:28 PM12/27/18
to Stone Edge User Group
Hi Alan,

You can try to re-register the controls and dll's Stone Edge uses.  Close out of Stone Edge.  Go to C:\StoneEdge and look for the file regsvr.bat.  Right click on that file and then choose Run as Administrator,  Once it's done restart StoneEdge try sending an email.  If that doesn't work open up a support ticket with us.

Kevin

Lawrence Neibauer

Dec 27, 2018, 3:44:55 PM12/27/18
to Stone Edge User Group
Are you using Office 365? we had a similar problem with and older version of StoneEdge; we also have Comcast business as our internet provider. We had to set up a Comcast relay(SMTP) to fix the issue

al...@bikeman.com

Dec 28, 2018, 7:18:17 AM12/28/18
to Stone Edge User Group
Hey Kevin,