Stone Edge Release Notes?

Chris Allen

Mar 13, 2019, 1:11:22 PM3/13/19
to Stone Edge User Group
Hey SEOM folks.

There used to be a page at http://www.stoneedge.com/current_version.htm  which had detailed release notes for each version, but that page is gone now.  Can you direct me to somewhere else to look for this information?

Thanks,
Chris

Lawrence Neibauer

Mar 13, 2019, 3:21:29 PM3/13/19
to Stone Edge User Group
I wish they still did that too, thee is a text file inside the compressed file you download from the digital gateway with a change log

Asim Khan

Mar 13, 2019, 3:27:07 PM3/13/19
to Lawrence Neibauer, Stone Edge User Group
Hi Lawrence,

This is the latest release info, not sure if this helps:

    Version 7.046 is now available for download on the Stone Edge download gateway.  If you haven't upgraded in a while, here is a list of recent enhancements we've made.

    New Features & Enhancements

      *   New Integrations are available for several shopping carts and marketplaces including:
         *   Amazon<https://stoneedge.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c54526517b9f4580050d07fcc&id=c3086042ae&e=43a58e9a8e>:  Including FBA, Fulfilled by Merchant (FBM), and Seller Fulfilled Prime support
         *   eBay
         *   Yahoo! (The legacy service has been enhanced and moved to modern servers for improved performance and reliability)
         *   BigCommerce
         *   WooCommerce (beta)
         *   Support for Miva Merchant v9.0+ is Coming Soon!
      *   TaxJar TaxCalc integration:  Calculate sales tax in real-time from Manual Orders or when modifying an order at View Orders.
      *   Enhanced Error Trapping and Reporting:  Changes throughout Stone Edge improve the trapping, logging, and reporting of errors in certain run-time error circumstances.
      *   Fill Backorders Enhancements:  You can now selectively choose which SKUs and quantities to fill for backorders at the View Orders form.
      *   Cart-based Email Suppression:  Ability to prevent emails from being sent to customers based on shopping cart that the order came from.   This is helpful if your cart/marketplace sends email updates and you do not need Stone Edge to also send emails to customers.
      *   SQL Archiving:  Ability to backup and archive SQL databases for the Enterprise Edition.
      *   NEW Braintree Integration added with support for Transaction Cloning:  A new integration supports the latest Braintree API.  You can also now clone existing transactions to allow you to perform credit card functions against orders with expired tokens.  This has been built to accept "Auth", "Expired Auth", "Void", "Capture", and "Sale" transaction types.
      *   Shopify Payment Gateway:   Support for the Shopify Payment Gateway is now supported.  The user interface in Stone Edge has been updated to allow you to select which items to refund.
      *   Added the ability to create kits and edit kit component quantities to the Multi-record & Price Editor.
      *   Ship email added as search field on Order Filter.
      *   Synchronize Alternate SKUs with ChannelAdvisor.
      *   Import Alternate SKUs from text file.
      *   Over 3 dozen bug fixes!
    Upgrades are available to any one with a valid maintenance plan<https://stoneedge.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c54526517b9f4580050d07fcc&id=f944b06d90&e=43a58e9a8e>.  If you are not on a maintenance plan you can order one here<https://stoneedge.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c54526517b9f4580050d07fcc&id=6c24262645&e=43a58e9a8e>.

    Enjoy!

    The Stone Edge Team

Asim Khan
Wedding Favorites, Inc.

714-734-8599 | as...@weddingfavorites.com

www.weddingfavorites.com

14752 Sinclair Circle Ste B, Tustin, CA 92780

Steve Herbert

Mar 13, 2019, 3:33:44 PM3/13/19
to Stone Edge User Group
The download gateway has been modified this morning to include release information for the available version. It doesn't list out all of the bug fixes, but if there are any new features or enhancements, they will be listed individually. I can certainly look into recreating the release notes page.

Chris Allen

Mar 13, 2019, 3:55:09 PM3/13/19
to Stone Edge User Group
Thanks all

Part of my inquiry is because (sheepish) we're still on version 5.938, and it would be good to understand the updates for interim versions before this 7.046 release.

Also, release notes in general are helpful to see if we really need to update or can skip an update if none of the updates pertain to us.

I would like to see a permanent page with all of the release notes, if recreating that isn't too much trouble.

Thanks,
Chris

p o

Mar 13, 2019, 4:15:16 PM3/13/19
to Stone Edge User Group, Kevin Horowski, Stone Edge Support
Is there a fix for the bug in the POS?

Every time you revise the quantity of a kit item that is backordered, it changes from being backrdered to shipped. Thus putting inventory in the system, the order now looks complete and is 1000% not.

This causes me so many issues to bad customer experiences, inventory errors etc.

Purchasing Department

360 Industrial Loop

Staten Island NY 10309

Tel. (866)415-4837 Ext. (1120)