Out of Stock Item List

Ryan Fanning

Jan 8, 2024, 4:58:39 PMJan 8
to Stone Edge User Group
Am I blind or is there just no item out of stock report native to order manager?  We are looking for a simple report that says if an item is out of stock or not.  I did not see it in the list of available reports.

Ryan

Farrukh Rehman

Jan 8, 2024, 6:54:23 PMJan 8
to Ryan Fanning, Stone Edge User Group
Hi Ryan,
Maybe you can't find a report specifically designed as per your requirements. Some basic inventory reports about quantity, value and sales history are already available like Master Inventory Report, Physical Inventory, Inventory Adjustments, FIFO Inventory Details by Supplier, FIFO Inventory Value by Supplier and so on.
There are 2 possibilities. Firstly I can assist you with designing an advanced sort and filter by any column or criteria for an existing report. Secondly I can design a new report exactly as per your requirements for out of stock.

Kind regards,
Farrukh Rehman
CEO Intelligent Software Solutions
Former SE Integration Technician
+1-628-254-0245
intellisofts for skype

On Tue, Jan 9, 2024 at 2:58 AM Ryan Fanning <wholesa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Am I blind or is there just no item out of stock report native to order manager?  We are looking for a simple report that says if an item is out of stock or not.  I did not see it in the list of available reports.

Ryan

Cale Reeder

Jan 8, 2024, 8:04:28 PMJan 8
to Ryan Fanning, Stone Edge User Group
Hi Ryan,

We set Reorder Points for our  products (in the Inventory), then once our inventory falls below that number it will appear on the "Order Summary" Report. It's a simple way to have visibility on inventory that is getting low.

Example, if you set the "Reorder Point" to 1, then that item will not appear on the "Order Summary" Report until that item gets down to 1 left in your inventory. If you have a high velocity item that takes more time to get back in stock then you might want to set the "Reorder Point" to a higher value so you have time to order it and get it back in stock.

Hope that helps!

Cale

khor...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2024, 8:24:31 PMJan 8
to Stone Edge User Group
One thing I have recommended in the past is to use the Inventory Export and then filter by Out of Stock items and export just those items.  Then you can open the file in Excel and do additional filtering and sorting as needed.

Travis

Jan 8, 2024, 9:13:36 PMJan 8
to Stone Edge User Group
Hi Ryan,
You should be able to do a quick export and filter in excel. But more importantly, what problem are you trying to solve? If you're managing stock, make sure you're using the Refills system in the Purchasing section. It can automate your purchasing effortlessly once it's setup and will keep products in stock.
Many years ago when I first started to use Refills I "accidentally"... sent a PO for about 90 days worth/3 times the normal amount that I was purchasing for a month. I couldn't believe that we would need that much stock.  My receiving guys were giving me $hit about it all week. Then it all sold within 30 days like SEOM said it would, lol.

Here's a dated video I did years ago explaining this feature, hope this is helpful.

John Frazar

Jan 9, 2024, 10:28:17 AMJan 9
to Stone Edge User Group
Ryan - There is.   There are four reports that start with "Backorder".  "Backorder Details" may be exactly what you're looking for.

Thanks,

John Frazar