Fedex Ship Manager Setup

dda...@hq4sports.com

May 6, 2021, 1:01:21 PM5/6/21
to ston...@googlegroups.com

We are using the latest version of stonedge enterprise/sql. We need to get Fedex Ship Manager set up. I have attempted (without success) to follow these instructions creating an intermediate database.

https://www.stoneedge.com/help/mergedProjects/3rdparty/Setting_Up_and_Using_FedEx_Ship_Manager.htm

Is there any reason not to just just a system dsn connection? I did this when I set up stamps software and it worked fine. Anyone else use fedex ship manager and if so are you connecting through an intermediate database as per the intructions above or are you just using a system dsn to connect directly?

I have a support question in to stoneedge but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks in advance.

Timothy Levine

May 6, 2021, 1:39:24 PM5/6/21
to ston...@googlegroups.com

You are much better off creating an ODBC/System DNS connection to a view in SQL, either in your SEOM database or - as I prefer - creating a separate SQL database to contain views for things like this (we call ours “ImportExport.”)  You just need to replicate what StoneEdge is doing in a query in Access as a view in SQL - I think I posted a barebones example of this to the Facebook group a few years back.  Creating an intermediate Access database will make the calls run substantially slower.