Attention All Braintree Users! Important Mandatory Update

John Frazar

Feb 7, 2023, 4:42:55 PM2/7/23
to Stone Edge User Group
To EVERYONE using Braintree for payment processing, please read the following notice to avoid a disruption in service:

Braintree has recently announced that they are deprecating the use of the old .NET SDK that is used in the integration across all versions of Stone Edge.  They are moving to a new SDK that has enhanced security.  This is a mandatory move and the old SDK will stop working on February 28th, 2023.

To upgrade to the new SDK, you must contact Stone Edge's Technical support team.  We will remotely connect to each of your PC's which use the Stone Edge Order Manager and install a patch that contains a new Braintree integration.  The patch only takes a few minutes to install per PC.  The cost to apply this patch is covered under the terms of your maintenance agreement.  The new Braintree integration will be included in new versions of SEOM moving forward.

If you are running Stone Edge Order Manager version 7.1x or 7.5x with the Monsoon Payment Module, the patch will not work for you so you should plan on upgrading Stone Edge or migrating to a different payment processor prior to February 28th.

If you do not have a maintenance agreement, please contact sa...@stoneedge.com and we can discuss your options.

To avoid any disruption in service we ask that you contact sup...@stoneedge.com and take action now and not wait until the last minute.  We anticipate a surge in technical support requests on the 28th.

If you log into your Braintree account you should see the following message:

You recently used an old version of the Braintree .NET SDK. Please upgrade to .NET SDK v5.14.0 or higher as they contain security enhancements. Versions older than v5.14.0 will be deprecated on February 28th, 2023. For more information on how to keep up to date, review the Server SDK Migration Guide.

For questions please contact Stone Edge Technologies directly at 484-927-4804 or through either of the email addresses above.

Thank you,

John Frazar
Stone Edge Technologies