Access is prompting for "enter parameter value' when i add "Barcode" to packing slip subreport

Michael Griggs

Jul 8, 2019, 12:33:00 PM7/8/19
to Stone Edge User Group
Hello,
I was customizing our packing slip subreport and i added the "Barcode" field.
At this time i just want to display the Barcode number.
I made the connection in the Record Source and Query Builder (see sql below).

Everything seems to look correct but access still continues to prompt to "enter parameter value" when i try to print the packing slip report.
I double checked the inventory items and the barcode contains a value for the order/items i am testing to print.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what might be wrong with this or a suggestion of what to try?

Thanks

SELECT OrderDetailsQuery.*, InventoryQuery.Location, InventoryQuery.Barcode
FROM OrderDetailsQuery LEFT JOIN InventoryQuery ON OrderDetailsQuery.SKU = InventoryQuery.SKU
WHERE (((OrderDetailsQuery.QuantityShipped)>0) AND ((OrderDetailsQuery.Adjustment)=False))

steve

Jul 12, 2019, 9:20:38 AM7/12/19
to Stone Edge User Group
Michael,

When adding a field to the packing slip subreport, you might actually need to add the barcode field to the underlying VBA as the record set gets reset when the report opens.  So, changing the properties record set of the report won't actually work.  If you look for Report_Open in the subreport, you'll see a query which sets up the record set.  You'd want to add barcode to this code and then save the report.  You have to be careful here since this can essentially break your report.  So, make sure before you update this code you make a backup.  There are some other details to concern yourself with related to  how to get the changes out to other systems, but to answer your specific question, you'll need to update the VBA code.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Steve

Michael Griggs

Jul 12, 2019, 12:05:41 PM7/12/19
to Stone Edge User Group
Hey Steve,
your suggestion worked, thank you!

I added the [InventoryQuery].[Barcode] to the Select statement in the "Report_Open" sub in the vba script for my custom report.