Re: [Stone Edge User Group] Abridged summary of stoneedge@googlegroups.com - 10 updates in 1 topic

Angela Henry

Jan 12, 2024, 8:59:43 AMJan 12
to ston...@googlegroups.com
Do we also need to roll back the StoneEdge version? My system is asking if I wanted to downgrade StoneEdge

Angela Henry
CEO/Principal
FloorGuy Supply LLC
12 McCullough Drive
Suite 10

On Sat, Jan 6, 2024 at 7:36 AM <ston...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Mike Yeager <michael...@gundogsupply.com>: Jan 05 09:02AM -0600

Anyone have a fix for the latest update to Access 2021 (v. 2312)? After
our workstations began auto-updating you get this screen when starting SEOM:

[image: image.png]

Everything was fine ...more
<al...@bikeman.com>: Jan 05 10:18AM -0500

We will get that pop up occasionally if there is an unexpected interruption in the connection to the server where our store database resides. Usually clicking ‘OK’ multiple times until it goes ...more
Mike Yeager <michael...@gundogsupply.com>: Jan 05 09:27AM -0600

Hitting "Okay" doesn't work in this case. If you hit "Cancel" 3 times you
get:

[image: image.png]

...and Access closes.

All our workstations on the prior version have no errors, and the ...more
stephanie <step...@watercraftsuperstore.net>: Jan 05 07:34AM -0800

I'm not sure if you issue was resolved but this is the info I've received
from SE...

This is due to a bad Microsoft Office update:

Bad: Version 2312 (Build 17126.20014)

Good: Version 2311 ...more
Mike Yeager <michael...@gundogsupply.com>: Jan 05 09:35AM -0600

Any idea if Office 2021 is also "version 16.0...."? These instructions are
for Office 2019.

--*Mike Yeager*
Production and IT Manager

[image: Gun Dog Supply] ...more
stephanie <step...@watercraftsuperstore.net>: Jan 05 07:38AM -0800

I do not know. It's just the microsoft website instructions for reverting
back. Maybe it has one for the 2021 version as well.

On Friday, January 5, 2024 at 10:35:36 AM UTC-5 Mike Yeager wrote: ...more
Mike Yeager <michael...@gundogsupply.com>: Jan 05 09:44AM -0600

Thanks -- trying it now. Fingers crossed!

--*Mike Yeager*
Production and IT Manager

[image: Gun Dog Supply] <https://www.gundogsupply.com/>
*Engage with us!* Facebook ...more
Mike Yeager <michael...@gundogsupply.com>: Jan 05 09:48AM -0600

It worked. Thanks!

--*Mike Yeager*
Production and IT Manager

[image: Gun Dog Supply] <https://www.gundogsupply.com/>
*Engage with us!* Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/gundogsupply/> | ...more
stephanie <step...@watercraftsuperstore.net>: Jan 05 07:57AM -0800

Wonderful, glad to hear!

On Friday, January 5, 2024 at 10:49:10 AM UTC-5 Mike Yeager wrote:

...more
Mike Yeager <michael...@gundogsupply.com>: Jan 05 10:08AM -0600

Breaking table links didn't solve the issue. We still had to revert to the
prior release and disable Office auto-updates.

--*Mike Yeager*
Production and IT Manager

[image: Gun Dog Supply] ...more

Mike Yeager

Jan 12, 2024, 9:03:55 AMJan 12
to Angela Henry, ston...@googlegroups.com
We didn't, but we're running an older version of SEOM (7.052) so it might be impacting you differently.

--Mike Yeager

Production and IT Manager

 Gun Dog Supply
Engage with us! Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Phone: 662-498-0012    Toll-Free: 800-624-6378    Fax: 662-324-6011
17645 U.S. Highway 82
Mathiston, MS 39752

er...@stoneedge.com

Jan 12, 2024, 9:04:46 AMJan 12
to Stone Edge User Group
Angela,

Reach out to support. You should only be getting that message if you are trying to install an older version of Stone Edge than you currently run in your database.

Microsoft's newest update from 1/9/2024 will resolve the issue from the previous week. so just making sure you are on the latest version/build of access will solve the issue from Mircosoft

Angela Henry

Jan 12, 2024, 9:29:03 AMJan 12
to Mike Yeager, ston...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thanks.