SQL Express

Blake Chancellor

Mar 25, 2019, 5:06:12 PM3/25/19
to Stone Edge User Group
I've been tasked with setting up a new server for SE. I'm wondering is SQL express would be sufficient. I know the limitation is 10gb but am wondering if that is enough. Does anyone have any insight?

Kevin Horowski

Mar 26, 2019, 8:18:35 AM3/26/19
to Stone Edge User Group
SQL Express should be fine.  Most Stone Edge merchants are using SQL Express at this point.  If you do start getting close to 10 GB you could always use our SQL Archiving functionality.  If you choose not to archive data, the transition to SQL Standard is pretty straightforward.

Michael Monson

Mar 26, 2019, 11:53:19 AM3/26/19
to Stone Edge User Group
Kevin,

I was not aware of SQL Archiving.  I did a quick search in www.Stoneedge.com/help and it seems everything pertains to Access Archiving.  The same is true with Settings>Data Functions>Archive Old Data.
Could you please let me know where I cam find more information on SQL Archiving.

Thanks

Michael Monson

Stephen Whiteman

Mar 26, 2019, 2:03:21 PM3/26/19
to Stone Edge User Group
Hi Michael,

The SQL archive function is relatively new and requires 2 parameters to be set: SQLServerPathBackup & SQLServerPathData. These are for the 2 paths where your main DB and archive DB would be located. Let me know if you would need a support team member to assist.

Thank you,
Stephen

Michael Monson

Mar 27, 2019, 5:51:57 PM3/27/19
to Stone Edge User Group
Stephen,

Looks like those parameters are not present on 7.036.
Guess I'll need to upgrade first.

Thanks,

Michael Monson

Stephen Whiteman

Mar 28, 2019, 9:39:53 AM3/28/19
to Stone Edge User Group
Hey Michael,

Yes- the earliest version that has this feature is 7.045, let me know if you need any assistance getting upgraded.

Thank you,
Stephen