Important Amazon MWS Changes coming 12/31/2022!

John Frazar

Dec 8, 2022, 10:24:00 AM12/8/22
to Stone Edge User Group
Amazon has announced the deprecation of the MWS service.   For those of you who use the Connect2Cart service to integrate your Amazon sales with Stone Edge, you are not impacted by this change.

For those of you who are using the old AMTU system, you need to migrate off of AMTU by the end of this year.  (But please do not procrastinate and wait until December 31st!).

Stone Edge offers an outstanding solution through our Connect2Cart service.  In short, we can import orders, sync status updates (including the initial order acknowledgements required by Amazon), and sync inventory levels.   It supports FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon), FBM (Fulfillment by Merchant), SFP (Seller Fulfilled Prime) and most Global Marketplaces as well (i.e., European and Asian markets).  The FBA integration is a proper integration meaning it will correctly account for sales and inventory.

It's relatively painless to migrate on to and we can have you up and running the same day in almost all cases.

If you're considering alternatives to the Connect2Cart integration keep reading:
If you use FBA and want to sync orders through a shopping cart plug-in (for example, one that Shopify offers in their app store) be prepared to handle the inventory and accounting issues.  If your Shopify store syncs with Amazon, those Amazon orders are then brought into Stone Edge as a Shopify order, not an Amazon order; you will mess up either your inventory counts, your financials, or both.  You also run the risk of not getting order acknowledgements and shipment notifications back up to Amazon in time which could destroy your seller rating.  In my opinion, using Connect2Cart for Amazon is the only why to ensure a proper integration to Amazon.

If you are impacted by this, please contact Stone Edge sales at sa...@stoneedge.com for more information.

Thank you,

John Frazar
COO