GPF Update and weather report

Casey Creamer

Sep 9, 2023, 2:49:04 PM9/9/23
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info (stonebridgedriversinfo@googlegroups.com)

Hello fellow Stone Bridge Drivers,

Now that the 30th GPF is in the record books, I want to thank all of you who were wise enough to bring rain jackets and umbrellas. It really did the trick. Yes we got one tiny little sprinkle for a very short moment, but that was it on a day where all of the weather reports called for real rain. It is so hard for me to believe how common it is to get rain before and/or after that Friday, but so rarely on Festival day.

Now, a word about keeping up with the car ahead of you. Overall, I think you folks did fairly well this year. Glenora seemed a little better than usual this year although they are usually pretty good anyway. I think Founders was a little behind this year, but not too bad. The Concorso for the most part was okay with the exception of a couple of Saabs. They were way behind on their first lap and on their second lap they must have gotten lost because they somehow got behind our sweep car. How do you get lost on the 6.6 mile Old Course? Especially on your second lap? Well if you aren’t keeping up with the car ahead of you it is actually fairly easy to either make a wrong turn towards the Seneca Lodge or miss the turn that takes you down to the Stone Bridge. Well every GPF needs one Saab story or another. Actually the Concours d’Legance did a better job this year at keeping up than they have in the past although we had quite a time getting them ready to go initially. But once they got going they did well. And of course the Lotus group always keeps up just fine, as do the motorcycles.

Even the Tour de Marque did better this year than most years. Of course the Tour de Marque often has a lot of first timers, so that can enter into the equation. But we get a lot of participation from the Corvette community when they are not the featured marque, so that might have helped.

Oddly enough we actually didn’t pull anyone out of the laps for not keeping up this year, although there were a couple who came very close to it. This may be the first year that nobody got pulled out for either not keeping up or not having their sticker on or in the right place. I guess that’s progress.

You all got an early bird registration form for our 2024 Stone Bridge Driver events in the packet you got at onsite check-in. Get signed up now before we open up registration to the general public and more important before your favorite Stone Bridge Driver event is sold out.

See you keeping up in 2024,

Casey

John DeWaele

Sep 9, 2023, 3:16:29 PM9/9/23
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Casey,

We could not make it this year but may be up next year. What is next year's featured marque please?

Best Regards,

John

Casey Creamer

Sep 9, 2023, 3:58:28 PM9/9/23