Another GPF Update

Casey Creamer

May 17, 2024, 11:06:00 AMMay 17
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info (stonebridgedriversinfo@googlegroups.com)

Hello fellow Stone Bridge Drivers.

In an effort to give you all plenty of reasons to spend the rest of your weekend in the Watkins Glen area following our Grand Prix Festival on Friday, the committee has been diligently working on a menu of other things for you to do in the region while you are here.

The Grand Prix Festival and Watkins Glen Promotions staff will NOT be directly administering any of these activities even though some of us may be involved in those activities.

Saturday 9/7/24:

Casey will be leading a roughly two hour hike that starts on Texas Hollow Road in Bennettsburg promptly at 9:30AM. You will be hiking with a regular hiking group called the Ithaca Hikers. It will be an out and back hike on the well marked Finger Lakes Trail, so you will be able to go at your own pace with no trouble.

Click here for a hike description.   https://www.ithacahikers.com/hike-41

The International Motor Racing Research Center  https://www.racingarchives.org/  will be hosting some sort of “Center Conversations” which may be followed by a “Cars and Coffee” sort of thing in their parking lot.

https://www.racingarchives.org/media/live-stream-archive/

Sunday 9/8/24:

The Glen Region SCCA will be putting on one of their Autocross events at the Corning Community College.

https://www.glen-scca.org/Schedule.asp    You can show up and participate or just show up and watch the fun. I don’t know if you have to pre-register or not, but you can check with them for that. I do know they always have loaner helmets available for any participants who need them.

Or if you feel like driving a little farther to witness an old guy making a fool of himself, you should go to Lafayette Motorsports Park. https://lafayettemp.com/   Here is a short video of what’s happening there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9DxCsL03Qw      Very close to the initial parking area is a small set of bleachers that are free to the public. Or for just a few bucks you can buy a pit pass to gain full entry to the whole complex. It might actually be close to on the way home for some of you.

As we get more things to add to the menu I will try to keep you posted.

Casey