return of a broker stomp

Andrey Andreychenko

Dec 16, 2014, 11:48:24 AM12/16/14
to stomp...@googlegroups.com
Can someone clarify the STOMP broker behaviour? When I connect to a STOMP broker with telnet, I get an answer for each command: CONNECT, SEND, etc. For instance, when I specified wrong "destination" paramter I got an ERROR. But at the same time the Perl libraries such as Net::Stomp and  Net::Stomp::Client reveals  "By default, you do not get any confirmation that the message has indeed been received by the broker. If you want such a confirmation, you have to use receipts. ...Bla-Bla". The question is : can I take the answer, using the Perl libraries? Is it true, that a STOMP broker doesn't return a ERROR frame if something is wrong in the SEND message? How can I be ensured that a STOMP SEND was successfull?

Kevin Esteb

Dec 16, 2014, 11:55:36 PM12/16/14
to stomp...@googlegroups.com
On 12/16/2014 08:48 AM, Andrey Andreychenko wrote:
Can someone clarify the STOMP broker behaviour? When I connect to a STOMP broker with telnet, I get an answer for each command: CONNECT, SEND, etc. For instance, when I specified wrong "destination" paramter I got an ERROR. But at the same time the Perl libraries such as Net::Stomp and  Net::Stomp::Client reveals  "By default, you do not get any confirmation that the message has indeed been received by the broker. If you want such a confirmation, you have to use receipts. ...Bla-Bla". The question is : can I take the answer, using the Perl libraries? Is it true, that a STOMP broker doesn't return a ERROR frame if something is wrong in the SEND message? How can I be ensured that a STOMP SEND was successfull?

That is the only way they work. The other way would be to use transactions, which I believe they support.

Personally I wouldn't use those clients. That is why I wrote a couple of POE based clients. XAS::Lib::Stomp::POE::Client is fully compliant with the latest specs. XAS::Lib::Stomp::Utils can be used to create fully compliant frames. XAS::Lib::Stomp::POE::Filter is a fully compliant parser, that will correctly parse v1.0 packets from Windows.

Kevin