the research shows just 5 photos

Patricia Chiesa

Apr 14, 2014, 2:33:31 PM4/14/14
to stolencam...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have just sucribed to StolenCamera Finder. My camera and lenses has been stolen in January 1st 2014.

In the research i see some fotos taken with my stolen camera, but i only see 5 in the research and all are mine.

Is it possible to see all or more photos taken with this camera posted in the internet??

I only see the same 5 photos, and repeat: just the same and are mine.  I would like to see more.

Thanks in advance.

Patricia

Matt Burns

Apr 15, 2014, 5:18:50 AM4/15/14
to stolencam...@googlegroups.com

Hi Patricia,

For the benefit of other reading this forum, here is the response I sent by email:

Firstly, thanks for subscribing and supporting the site.

Scanning the entire internet is a very difficult task and something even Google cannot do with their effectively unlimited resources... However, a lot of work has gone into the way StolenCameraFinder searches to increase the chance of finding your camera. For example, instead of scanning your entire flickr stream of photos, it prefers to scan a few photos from lots of different users. It applies this "wide and shallow" search technique generally across the web so that you have a better chance of finding your camera. Often, you only need to find one photo taken after the camera was stolen to identify where the camera is now.

There are a few other reasons why images might not be showing up such as the serial number being stripped some software during the edit process or the image not being public etc. Please see the website for more details about how it works.

We are currently working on some new search techniques that should improve the search results further. This will be rolled out in the coming weeks.

I also have a bunch of recent success stories that I've simply been too busy to write up. :)

Thanks again and good luck,
Matt