Stolen Specialized Turbo Vado 4.0

Fran Maier

Jul 12, 2021, 7:13:23 PM7/12/21
to Stolen Bicycles Bay Area
Bought this bike in 2020 from Mike's Bikes.
Please let me know if you see it.
Fran

Kevin Boomerang Bike

Jul 21, 2022, 4:43:53 PMJul 21
to Stolen Bicycles Bay Area
Hi Fran,

First of all I am sorry for your loss.  I hope you were able to recover your bike.  I have spent the last 9 years developing technology to prevent bike theft.  Below is a letter I recently sent to my customers.   I would appreciate you reading the letter.   My direct email is Ke...@Boomerangbike.com  Thank you, Kevin

Dear Boomerang Customers and Bike Owner,

This month, July, is our 9th anniversary since we incorporated.

Our core belief has remained essentially simple: The pain of having a bike stolen is real. It makes us feel attacked, vulnerable, and violated.  See messages from a post on a stolen bike site:

This bike means a lot to my relationship to the person who is closest to me. Please help me get my bike back"

"I'm heartbroken to share that my yellow vintage road bike was stolen.  I've had the bike for 10+ years and will do anything to get it back. "

Many of us have had our bike stolen. Do you remember how you felt at the time?

In addition to the pain and inconvenience of having a bike stolen, the worry caused by thinking, “is my bike is safe” prevents us from fully enjoying our bikes.

The above two problems we at Boomerang are trying to solve is the pain of a stolen bike and constant worry about the safety of your bike.

I recently created a video on how I use the Boomerang.  I call it “Peace of Mind” https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRMdSje8/?k=1

Boomerang is the only company in North America committed to developing connected technology to prevent bike theft.    When we started there were two other companies but both ran out of funds before they shipped their first product.  Surprisingly no large corporation is interested in spending R&D money on developing the next generation bike security solution.

Our biggest problem for the last nine years is raising enough capital to speed up our development.

Congress might have solved our problem with the invention of Reg. C investing.   Reg C investing was created to fill the gap left by Wall Street and large Venture Capital firms.  Reg C provides a legal structure for small investors to invest in small companies for as little as $200.

Boomerang is a perfect fit for Reg C.    We need 1,000 bike owners to invest $200 each so we can develop the following features.   Built in video camera, voice alarm, customer programmable alarm.

New Features

https://vimeo.com/730123715

If $200 is beyond your budget, please tell you are friends you would like to support this company, Boomerang, and it’s founder who has spent 9 years of his life to develop the next generation bike security solution and you are collecting $20 bills to support his effort.

In addition to the capital, your investment would show larger investors that the bike community supports this type of development.  It demonstrates, “if you build it they will come”.    These large investors need to see this validation.

I am afraid if the bike community does not support this development no one else will and the bike thieves will have won.

Here is a link to our Reg C. portal.     https://boomerangbike.sppx.io

Thank you for considering,

Kevin Fahrner

Founder / CEO / Boomerang Customer