Stolen Rivendell in Concord

Thomas Hintz

Sep 12, 2023, 8:40:32 PM9/12/23
to Stolen Bicycles Bay Area
Had my 2011 blue Rivendell Sam Hillborne stolen with a cut lock from in front of REI in Concord today. Its been my primary means of transportation since 2011 and is very special to me and in great condition. Would love to get it back. It looks like in the picture except it wasnt setup for touring so didnt have the front bags or the bags in the basket but had two rear panniers, one blue and one grey. Newer black brooks vegan saddle instead of brown.20230309_062210.jpg

Michael Wong

Sep 13, 2023, 12:05:15 AM9/13/23
to Thomas Hintz, Stolen Bicycles Bay Area
Sorry Thomas. So sorry about this. Do you have the serial?

On Tuesday, September 12, 2023, Thomas Hintz <t...@thintz.com> wrote:
Had my 2011 blue Rivendell Sam Hillborne stolen with a cut lock from in front of REI in Concord today. Its been my primary means of transportation since 2011 and is very special to me and in great condition. Would love to get it back. It looks like in the picture except it wasnt setup for touring so didnt have the front bags or the bags in the basket but had two rear panniers, one blue and one grey. Newer black brooks vegan saddle instead of brown.20230309_062210.jpg

Thomas Hintz

Sep 13, 2023, 12:25:45 PM9/13/23
to Michael Wong, Stolen Bicycles Bay Area

Thanks again.

Serial is:

M1220620

Michael Wong

Sep 13, 2023, 12:59:15 PM9/13/23
to Thomas Hintz, Stolen Bicycles Bay Area
I'll keep my eyes open

On Wed, Sep 13, 2023 at 9:25 AM Thomas Hintz <t...@thintz.com> wrote:

Thanks again.

Serial is:

M1220620

On 9/12/23 9:05 PM, Michael Wong wrote:
Sorry Thomas. So sorry about this. Do you have the serial?

On Tuesday, September 12, 2023, Thomas Hintz <t...@thintz.com> wrote:
Had my 2011 blue Rivendell Sam Hillborne stolen with a cut lock from in front of REI in Concord today. Its been my primary means of transportation since 2011 and is very special to me and in great condition. Would love to get it back. It looks like in the picture except it wasnt setup for touring so didnt have the front bags or the bags in the basket but had two rear panniers, one blue and one grey. Newer black brooks vegan saddle instead of brown.20230309_062210.jpg --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Stolen Bicycles Bay Area" group.
20230309_062210.jpg

Marisha Doan

Sep 13, 2023, 1:23:06 PM9/13/23
to Thomas Hintz, Michael Wong, Stolen Bicycles Bay Area
Sorry for your loss of that beautiful ride. When we lost our beloved family cargo bike to garage theft I payed for bike index to post lost ads for my bike. Didn’t bring it back to me but I’m sure broadened the radius of being on the lookout. Also I called as many bike shops as I could in the first few weeks around the bay just to have lookouts.
I wish there was greater penalty for bike theft so it weren’t so damn easy to do.