Sliver Moon Tonight

Paul Kovacik

Aug 10, 2021, 12:10:21 AM8/10/21
to SAS Google Group
Hi SAS Gawkers,
I observed the Sliver new moon tonight at 8:18 PM in Ione, CA. Method - Visual and photographically. I photographed the moon with a Sony A7iii using a 600 mm tele-focal lens, manual focus, ISO 1600 and shutter speed of 1/200 second. I'm sending this by my google Drive because my attached file was bigger than 8MB which exceeds the limits of the Google SAS group.

Thanks,
Paul Kovacik

--
An Astronomer is a person that needs lots of S P A C E.

Tim Clark

Aug 10, 2021, 12:25:00 AM8/10/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
I also observed the sliver moon tonight about 20:40 - not too difficult - but I can see it’s going to get harder as the separation from the sun decreases and the weather worsens. It’s a somewhat erie sight especially with earthshine .
Thanks Jim