Heliport

Jeffrey B. Baldwin

Apr 10, 2021, 11:12:25 AM4/10/21
to SAS Google Group, Paul Kovacik, Rick Hedrick

Hi SAS Astrobuddies:

Mike, Cosmo and I will be at the Heliport tonight, probably from about 19:00 to about 00:00. Or so.

Baldy

Jeff Baldwin

Lathrop, CA

Paul Kovacik

Apr 10, 2021, 11:32:36 AM4/10/21
to Jeffrey B. Baldwin, SAS Google Group, Rick Hedrick
Hi Jeff,
I will be there too and I will make a pest of myself as I wander around looking through everyone's scopes. 😋

An Astronomer is someone who needs lots of S P A C E

Tom Palmer

Apr 10, 2021, 3:18:14 PM4/10/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
I'm planning to be at the heliport as well.

Tom Palmer

Stockton Astronomical Society

Apr 10, 2021, 3:29:18 PM4/10/21
to Stockton Astronomical Society
I too am planning to be at the heliport.  it will be my first time there.

Tim Clark

Apr 11, 2021, 2:04:22 PM4/11/21
to Stockton Astronomical Society

It was a very good night of viewing at the Heliport last evening. Fairly good seeing skies and the views in Mike's Cosmo were fantastic.
I have to declare "no joy" on my astrophotography effort of the Leo triplets for the night. Focus was bad and the images are worthless. The good news is I don't depend on astrophotography to put food on the table.
Thanks to all who were there, your company is always enjoyed.
Tim.

Paul Kovacik

Apr 11, 2021, 2:18:44 PM4/11/21
to SAS Google Group
Tim,
Thank you for returning my long lost, well traveled chair. It was good to sit my butt down in it again. 😋 You are far ahead of me with astrophotography but it was really cool to see your setup. Photography is a journey. Sometimes you win and sometimes not. But we keep on trying.

Yes, clear skies and great viewing. I enjoyed the event even though I didn't feel very good with my shoulder hurting. 😢

Mike and Jeff, many thanks for bringing Cosmos out for us gawker too look at the heavens. I especially enjoyed seeing M82, the Cigar Galaxy and all of the other Messier Objects that we saw last night. 😋

A good night all in all. 😁

Paul Kovacik

An Astronomer is someone who needs lots of S P A C E

Jeffrey B. Baldwin

Apr 11, 2021, 2:58:16 PM4/11/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

Good times last night. After struggling with chart, flashlight, ladder, glasses on-off=on-off, I realized I HAVE to recreate a system for hunting and star hopping that involved old man glasses. When I make my ladder, it’ll not only have a platform and be wide but may have a light box on it for charts freeing my hands. I’m going to put a light box on my mirror box for charts since my finders are usually on the bottom instead of the top. Or I’ll eventually break and find things by goto, which I’m not ready to do yet.

Cigar was good, Eskimo was good, M31, M51 and M101 were good,

Even though I took my super-does of Sudafed before coming down, I blew my left ear drum again. Agonizing. And we were only at 4000’?!?!?

Jeff Baldwin

Lathrop, CA

image001.jpg

Tom Palmer

Apr 11, 2021, 5:03:05 PM4/11/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Mike and Jeff for the great views through the large telescope!
It was nice to see everyone and enjoy the dark skies.

Tom