Hwy 4

Jeffrey B. Baldwin

Jun 6, 2021, 1:35:46 PM6/6/21
to SAS Google Group

Hey all,

Hwy 4 was fun last night. The haze sucked, viewing was awful, but we had a good time. Mike, Jeff and Chris were with Cosmo, Rick Hedrick had his Explorer Scientific, Miguel Ortiz had his Explorer Scientific, Bill Litel had his Dob, Paul had his new system and finally got his alignment game on. We also noticed that the light pollution at Hwy 4 is getting far worse. Maybe it was because all those lights were shining on smoke and haze, but when Omega Centauri transited it could not be seen in binoculars. Yuck.

OK, next week: Peddler Hill.

Baldy

Jeff Baldwin

Lathrop, CA

Frederick Schumacher

Jun 9, 2021, 9:39:55 AM6/9/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com, Jeffrey B. Baldwin
Good morning,

I will be at the Highway 4 site on Saturday evening (6/12) for a few hours to begin testing of a re-assembled 20-inch f/5. I expect to arrive around 8pm. This won't be a long evening, just a couple hours of moderate darkness to test the instrument and its equipment.

Fred

Mark Gibbons

Jun 10, 2021, 9:51:34 PM6/10/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred, it looks like it might be a bit windy on Saturday evening, but Charlotte and I will come up and join you. I’m trying to decide if I should bring up your telescopes other sibling.  It would be first light away from the house for that telescope.😋

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 9, 2021, at 6:39 AM, Frederick Schumacher <starx...@comcast.net> wrote:

Good morning,

I will be at the Highway 4 site on Saturday evening (6/12) for a few hours to begin testing of a re-assembled 20-inch f/5. I expect to arrive around 8pm. This won't be a long evening, just a couple hours of moderate darkness to test the instrument and its equipment.

Fred

Frederick Schumacher

Jun 10, 2021, 10:10:14 PM6/10/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com, Mark Gibbons
Hi Mark,

That would be kind of fun. I'm still working out a few bugs but it will still be worth the look in either/both.

Fred

Frederick Schumacher

Jun 12, 2021, 1:31:00 PM6/12/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com, Mark Gibbons
Morning Mark,

Just checking to see if you were still planning to head to the Highway 4 site this evening.

Fred

Frederick Schumacher

Jun 28, 2021, 12:10:23 PM6/28/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com, Mark Gibbons
Hi Mark,

I'm planning to continue testing on the 20-inch this Saturday evening at the Highway 4 site. It will be an abbreviated session like last month.

Thanks,
Fred

Mark Gibbons

Jun 28, 2021, 5:16:14 PM6/28/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred, Charlotte and I may be headed back to New Mexico but that sounds great if we’re still in town! I’ll keep you updated.

Mark Gibbons

Jun 28, 2021, 5:23:36 PM6/28/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

Here’s a shot of our new horizontal beehive 🐝🚀

(360) 640-0093

Jun 28, 2021, 5:31:19 PM6/28/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
I plan on being at Hwy4 Saturday night.

Jeffrey B. Baldwin

Jun 28, 2021, 6:13:35 PM6/28/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

That was from me. When I use my cell phone it shows my number instead of my name. I’ll try to change that.

Jeff Baldwin

Lathrop, CA

image001.jpg