shaft

bal...@comcast.net

Feb 26, 2023, 2:39:56 PM2/26/23
to stockt...@googlegroups.com, 21dan...@att.net, bal...@comcast.net, be...@greider.us, Bill Thomas, Chris Pezzoni, Douglas Christensen, Eric Holland, James Schuknecht, jes...@surewest.net, John Schimpf, Kevin Hall, larag...@gmail.com, lonr...@comcast.net, Mat Hutchings, Mike Lavieri, mi...@hamsoftware.org, Omar Anzaldua, Paul Kovacik, rhedrick0609, richard...@gmail.com, sonof...@thevision.net, Tim Clark, Gerald Hyatt, Jason Keyes, Rebecca Lewis, William Litel

Hi SAS guys n gals:

A friend of mine wants me to repair and perform maintenance on a very cheap telescope so she can give it to her niece. It’s on a German Equatorial Mount, but the mount is missing the shaft where the counterweight goes. It looks like a half inch thread, but it isn’t, so I am assuming that it is a 12mm thread. Is there anybody out there with a mount that is no longer being used where I can cannibalize a shaft from???????? If not I’ll locate and install a 12mm threaded rod, but it would be nice to have the threaded shaft so that it’ll be smooth where the weights go.

Thanks,

Baldy

Jeff Baldwin

Lathrop, CA

Tim Clark

Feb 26, 2023, 3:57:31 PM2/26/23
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
I have this shaft
Not sure the thread size but the OD of the thread is 0.621 inches
Tim

bal...@comcast.net

Feb 26, 2023, 4:10:35 PM2/26/23
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

I think that’s 16mm, about 15.78mm. I think it’s too big, thanks.Is it for something you’re using?

image001.jpg

bal...@comcast.net

Feb 26, 2023, 5:15:59 PM2/26/23
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

Is that a spare, is it to something?????

Feb 26, 2023, 7:21:20 PM2/26/23
to bal...@comcast.net, stockt...@googlegroups.com, 21dan...@att.net, be...@greider.us, Bill Thomas, Chris Pezzoni, Douglas Christensen, James Schuknecht, jes...@surewest.net, John Schimpf, Kevin Hall, larag...@gmail.com, lonr...@comcast.net, Mat Hutchings, Mike Lavieri, mi...@hamsoftware.org, Omar Anzaldua, Paul Kovacik, rhedrick0609, richard...@gmail.com, sonof...@thevision.net, Tim Clark, Gerald Hyatt, Jason Keyes, Rebecca Lewis, William Litel
I have two shafts 12mmx1.75mm thread.  One is about 23.5cm long.  The other is about 30cm.

Regards,

Eric

Douglas Christensen

Feb 27, 2023, 11:27:15 AM2/27/23
to Eric Holland, bal...@comcast.net, stockt...@googlegroups.com, 21dan...@att.net, be...@greider.us, Bill Thomas, Chris Pezzoni, James Schuknecht, jes...@surewest.net, John Schimpf, Kevin Hall, larag...@gmail.com, lonr...@comcast.net, Mat Hutchings, Mike Lavieri, mi...@hamsoftware.org, Omar Anzaldua, Paul Kovacik, rhedrick0609, richard...@gmail.com, sonof...@thevision.net, Tim Clark, Gerald Hyatt, Jason Keyes, Rebecca Lewis, William Litel
Do I hear this correctly????
Eric is trying to give Jeff the SHAFT???

Douglas Christensen

Public Outreach Coordinator

Stockton Astronomical Society

209/462-0798 (American Sign)

209/471-1674 (Cell)

www.stocktonastro.org

Jeff Baldwin

Feb 27, 2023, 11:52:00 AM2/27/23
to Douglas Christensen, Eric Holland, stockt...@googlegroups.com, 21dan...@att.net, be...@greider.us, Bill Thomas, Chris Pezzoni, James Schuknecht, jes...@surewest.net, John Schimpf, Kevin Hall, larag...@gmail.com, lonr...@comcast.net, Mat Hutchings, Mike Lavieri, mi...@hamsoftware.org, Omar Anzaldua, Paul Kovacik, rhedrick0609, richard...@gmail.com, sonof...@thevision.net, Tim Clark, Gerald Hyatt, Jason Keyes, Rebecca Lewis, William Litel
Ouch!

Douglas Christensen

Feb 27, 2023, 11:53:30 AM2/27/23
to Jeff Baldwin, Eric Holland, stockt...@googlegroups.com, 21dan...@att.net, be...@greider.us, Bill Thomas, Chris Pezzoni, James Schuknecht, jes...@surewest.net, John Schimpf, Kevin Hall, larag...@gmail.com, lonr...@comcast.net, Mat Hutchings, Mike Lavieri, mi...@hamsoftware.org, Omar Anzaldua, Paul Kovacik, rhedrick0609, richard...@gmail.com, sonof...@thevision.net, Tim Clark, Gerald Hyatt, Jason Keyes, Rebecca Lewis, William Litel
Well from what I read....You were asking for it....,<;-)