Not good conditions out here at park

1 view

Paul Kovacik

Apr 9, 2022, 8:38:11 PM4/9/22
to SAS Google Group
Winds are 21+MPH (breezy) and the skies don't look good. Even the moon is playing hide and seek behind the clouds.

I don't think that I will stay.

Paul Kovacik

Patet Coelum
IMG_20220409_172002.jpg
IMG_20220409_172036.jpg
IMG_20220409_172321.jpg
IMG_20220409_172243.jpg

Bill Litel

Apr 9, 2022, 8:47:15 PM4/9/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
You knew the job was going to be dangerous when you took it Paul 😉

William E. Litel

ISA Certified Arborist WE-5486-A

Calif. Cert. Nrsy. Pro. 2114

ACRT Pacific, LLC

Cell: 209-302-0095

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. IF THE READER OF THIS MESSAGE IS NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, EMPLOYEE, OR AGENT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERING THE MESSAGE TO THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY. THANK YOU.

Apr 10, 2022, 10:34:29 AM4/10/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Always a bummer when clouds mess up astronomy plans...

spacecadetdoug

Apr 10, 2022, 4:46:29 PM4/10/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Paul,
You gave up too early. Bill, Eric and I  were out there until a little after 9:30.
The wind died down near sunset as it usually does, the skies cleared of actual clouds, there were contrails and at times a bit of "fog" around the Moon, but it was a good night for the public.
We had between 2 and 3 dozen come out to enjoy looking through the scopes, lots of young families with kids all very excited to see craters on the Moon.
Lots of interest in the Orion Nebula.
I know the skies are not that great from Stockton, but I also know that Bill, Eric and I do this for the public and we enjoy the kids, young and old get a kick out of looking through a real telescope.
May 7th is our next Astronomy in the Park  AND Pot-Luck Picnic....you gotta be there.
Space Cadet Doug

Apr 10, 2022, 4:59:53 PM4/10/22
to SAS Google Group
Doug,
It figures. Yesterday just wasn't my day. Plus I got out there WAY too early.

Yes, I'll be there for the pot luck on the 7th.

I'm still learning. One of these days I will get it right. I too enjoy the looks of wonder on all of the children's faces.

Paul Kovacik

Patet Coelum

spacecadetdoug

Apr 10, 2022, 9:02:11 PM4/10/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
My rebuttal was more for others to see.
We appreciate your help and we ALL have those days where nothing seems to go right....
I just wanted to get across to everyone that the weather changed, especially after sunset.
I just want to make sure you know that Eric, Bill, and I, DO appreciate your help out there and your cheery disposition.

See you May 7
And at the Zoom meeting next Thursday

Bill Litel