Greetings from Meteor Crater Arizona

1 view

Mark Gibbons

Apr 4, 2021, 3:32:40 PM4/4/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my iPhone
image0.jpeg

Frederick Schumacher

Apr 4, 2021, 3:36:51 PM4/4/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com, Mark Gibbons
Nice image. Looks like great weather.

Fred

> On 04/04/2021 12:30 PM Mark Gibbons <markg...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> --

Jeffrey B. Baldwin

Apr 4, 2021, 3:38:21 PM4/4/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
I love that place! I find it amazing that a meteor just happened to hit the Earth right next to a visitor's center. Amazing.

Jeff Baldwin
Lathrop, CA

Apr 4, 2021, 4:49:33 PM4/4/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
I went there as a young kid.  I loved it.  I wondered how the visitors center survived the fallout.  Great pic.  Thanks for sharing

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Mark Gibbons

Apr 4, 2021, 10:23:41 PM4/4/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful day, not too hot :-)
It’s really a nice visitor center, we think it’s been improved since we were last here. The T-shirts are too expensive though.😳 We had to buy some anyway.

Sent from my iPhone

Jeffrey B. Baldwin

Apr 4, 2021, 10:47:37 PM4/4/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

They have a large meteoroid in there on display.

They got the local football team to pick it up and put it on the display stand.

I noticed that it is difficult to see the ridge of the crater until you’re dang near right on it. In my mind I thought it would stick out easily, but if you’re more than 45 miles from it, you don’t even know it’s there.

Jeff Baldwin

Lathrop, CA

Image removed by sender.

image001.jpg