April Total Solar Eclipse

Eric Holland

Mar 19, 2024, 6:22:36 PMMar 19
to Stockton Astronomical Society
All,

On our stocktonastro.org website there is an Eclipse 2024 page with resources you may be interested in which include viewers to build, interactive map, shutter speed calculator and some timing and control software for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.

Regards,

Eric Holland
SAS Secretary

bald...@comcast.net

Mar 19, 2024, 7:36:08 PMMar 19
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

thx

bald...@comcast.net

Mar 19, 2024, 8:19:56 PMMar 19
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

Eric:

I’ll have 4 min 25 sec.

Eric my coordinates will be 98d 52m 56s W by 30d 27m 17s N. Where will you be if it’s ok to ask?

Baldy

Christie Abbott

Mar 19, 2024, 8:21:55 PMMar 19
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Eric.  Hopefully I’ll find it useful.  I may just watch with glasses.  I did get a commercially made filter for my telescope, and hope to use that.  Unfortunately, I can’t seem to get the hang of astrophotography.

 We are almost to Phoenix right now, and plan to spend some time in Big Bend NP.  We will watch the eclipse from my cousin’s house, just south of Dallas.  Hope for clear skies!
Christie

Eric Holland

Mar 19, 2024, 8:49:00 PMMar 19
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
I will be at the Kerrville Sports Complex in Kerrville, TX near 30° 04' 25.52" N 99° 08' 40.13" W.  I booked at spot using this link.

Regards,

Eric