Heliport

1 view

Jeffrey B. Baldwin

Apr 29, 2022, 8:12:40 PM4/29/22
to SAS Google Group

Hi SAS Gawkers!

Tomorrow, Saturday, 30 April 2022, I will be taking Chester and Mike to the heliport on Hwy 88 for the High Altitude Star Party. Hope to see you up there.

John, I’ll bring your Celestron Manuals with me.

Baldy

Jeff Baldwin

Lathrop, CA

John Schimpf

Apr 29, 2022, 11:33:31 PM4/29/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Excellent. I’m planning on being there with my 17 (still unnamed).

John

Apr 30, 2022, 12:18:55 AM4/30/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

I’ll come up with a really bad name if you don’t come up with one.

Jeff Baldwin

Lathrop, CA

Image removed by sender.

image001.jpg

Jeffrey B. Baldwin

Apr 30, 2022, 2:50:16 PM4/30/22
to SAS Google Group

Hi SAS Gawkers:

Clear Sky Chart Forecast is good for the Heliport tonight with the exception of 8PM to 9PM where a bit of stuff will move through. By full dark it ought to be OK. Drive safely, see you up there.

Jason Keyes

Apr 30, 2022, 3:03:02 PM4/30/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, ill be by 630 or 7...  is there is different clear sky chart for heliport? I've only found the one for peddler hill.

See you up there!

Jason

Jeff Baldwin

Apr 30, 2022, 3:13:41 PM4/30/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

Jeffrey B. Baldwin

Apr 30, 2022, 7:46:28 PM4/30/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

Super windy right now. CSC says it’ll be down to under 12 MPH by 21:00. Anybody up there who can tell us what it’s like?

Jeff Baldwin

Lathrop, CA

Apr 30, 2022, 7:49:07 PM4/30/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

I just called a hardware store in Pioneer and said it’s really windy down here, what is it like up there. He said no wind at all. So I’m heading up.

Jeff Baldwin

Lathrop, CA

image002.jpg

Roland Whitsitt

Apr 30, 2022, 7:54:44 PM4/30/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
I’m in Arnold which is south of there. It’s 0 to 8 miles per hour.  Partly cloudy.
Roland

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 30, 2022, at 16:49, Jeffrey B. Baldwin <bal...@comcast.net> wrote:

image002.jpg

Jason Keyes

Apr 30, 2022, 8:25:29 PM4/30/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
I stopped around the halfway mark, and it's windy, but I'm going to continue on. Hopefully it'll calm down

Paul Kovacik

Apr 30, 2022, 8:35:46 PM4/30/22
to SAS Google Group
I'm all packed and ready to go. So I'm heading up there pretty soon.

Paul Kovacik

Patet Coelum

Bill Litel

Apr 30, 2022, 8:36:12 PM4/30/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Cloudy up here. Fingers crossed for you

William E. Litel

ISA Certified Arborist WE-5486-A

Calif. Cert. Nrsy. Pro. 2114

ACRT Pacific, LLC

Cell: 209-302-0095

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. IF THE READER OF THIS MESSAGE IS NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, EMPLOYEE, OR AGENT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERING THE MESSAGE TO THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY. THANK YOU.

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. IF THE READER OF THIS MESSAGE IS NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, EMPLOYEE, OR AGENT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERING THE MESSAGE TO THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY. THANK YOU.

Apr 30, 2022, 9:36:37 PM4/30/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
I'm here. There's a little breeze and some clouds. I'm going to set up and see what happens...

Bill Litel

May 1, 2022, 4:21:04 PM5/1/22
to SAS Google Group
Bill,
The winds died down and clouds parted. We had good viewing conditions but the dew made everything wet. I was able to get two of the things done that were on my list. It was good to see everyone out there last night.

My thanks to Margaret Blair because she contacted people that she knew and the road into the Heliport was nice and clear.

Paul Kovacik

Patet Coelum

Jeffrey B. Baldwin

May 1, 2022, 4:23:59 PM5/1/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

The seeing was never worth a snot, and eventually it got totally socked in. Most of us left around 23:30 with no visible stars.

We did have a blast though. Just getting out in the woods with your friends is fun.

Baldy

Jeff Baldwin

Lathrop, CA

image001.jpg

Jason Keyes

May 1, 2022, 7:31:54 PM5/1/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
It was a bummer there was so much humidity. My dew heaters had almost killed all the dew on my corrector plate before the clouds rolled back in...  once I got a couple miles away, the darn skies were clear the whole drive home... go figure. Oh well, there's always next time :)

Good to see everyone and meet new people!

Jason