Nigh Sky News

Stockton Astronomical Society

Dec 23, 2022, 7:07:51 PM12/23/22
to Stockton Astronomical Society
Hey guys since I started this journey of learning astronomy, astrophotography etc my youtube recommended has been flooded with channels to watch. One of them is very very good and thought i'd bring it to all of your attention too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VVVADtXNBE&ab_channel=Dr.Becky

This is her monthly installment of 'Nigh Sky News' where she discusses all the happenings in the solar system, conjunctions where to spot things coupled with some real world science findings etc. She's an Astrophysist at Oxford and her primary field has been on Black Holes. Its been a joy to go through her back catalogue and learn, hopefully theres some stuff in here for everybody as well.

Hope you and all of your families have a wonderful holiday season and I'll see you at the dinner in January!

Martin Hale

Dec 23, 2022, 8:53:12 PM12/23/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Entertaining and informative!
Move over Neil DeGrasse Tyson!
Martin

bald...@comcast.net

Dec 24, 2022, 12:35:04 AM12/24/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

For future posts to this forum, please sign your name at the bottom. It doesn’t automatically tell us who’s writing us the message. Thanks.

Baldy

mikechapman074

Dec 24, 2022, 12:28:46 PM12/24/22
to Stockton Astronomical Society
Oh shoot, I didn't realize it changed from my name to just SAS. I am sorry Jeff that was me who originally posted

-Michael Chapman

bal...@comcast.net

Dec 24, 2022, 1:26:47 PM12/24/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

That’s ok, I’m just saying this so everybody knows. We’d like to know who’s posting. Half of the posts don’t have names on them, so I’m gong to respond about this every time I don’t see a name. I do it too.

Baldy