Caldor Fire

1 view

Tim Clark

Aug 16, 2021, 8:37:55 PM8/16/21
to SAS Google Group

Has anyone taken a look at our high altitude web cam lately?

SAS website “Weather” page

Eric Holland

Aug 16, 2021, 8:42:28 PM8/16/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Playing back the video for past 12 hours shows lot of smoke.

Regards,

Paul Kovacik

Aug 17, 2021, 11:35:38 AM8/17/21
to SAS Google Group
Tim,
It is certainly a bad year for fires. Poor air quality. Smoke and haze everywhere you go. Pretty nasty.

WE NEED RAIN!!

Paul

Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all.

Bill Litel

Aug 17, 2021, 11:38:31 AM8/17/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Rain without the lightning please

William E. Litel
Vegetation Program Mgr.
ACRT Pacific, LLC

Aug 17, 2021, 5:09:04 PM8/17/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Attached is a recent image of the fire near the high altitude camera.

latest_full.jpg

Tim Clark

Aug 21, 2021, 12:10:27 PM8/21/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Eric for adding links to additional high altitude cameras on the SAS website “Weather” page.
But I gotta say it’s heartbreaking and difficult to watch our forests and folks property being decimated.
All the while knowing it’s to some extent a natural cycle for forests.
The fire from what I can tell hasn’t gotten to any of our high altitude sites. ??