Another image from 04/01/22

1 view

Jason Keyes

Apr 8, 2022, 12:53:30 PM4/8/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
I tried to send the group an image of Markarian's Chain, but I got a Google mail return response saying the file was too large. Apparently 8mb is the largest size that can be handled. Any way, here are 3 very compressed images of Markarian's chain: a single frame, a semi-processed image that has terrible banding and noise (which I think is related to how dslr's debayering process works), and a better, but not great image in which I was able to removing the banding with a series of photoshop techniques.

A link to a high quality TIFF: https://flic.kr/p/2ncr7nP

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jason
1Markarian'sChain_040122_z61_040122_smallPNG.png
1Markarian'sChain_040122_z61_withBanding.png
1MarkarianChain_040122_subFrame_z61_t3i_45s (10).png

Paul Kovacik

Apr 8, 2022, 12:59:49 PM4/8/22
to SAS Google Group
Jason,
Great images! One of these days I hope to take pictures like that.

Paul

Patet Coelum

Jeff Baldwin

Apr 8, 2022, 10:39:51 PM4/8/22