What is the object in the NW sky?

Tim Clark

Oct 1, 2022, 12:07:29 AM10/1/22
to SAS Google Group

Does anyone else see the red and green pulsating object in the NW sky about 15 degrees above the horizon tonight?
It’s west of Polaris and north of Ursa Major.

Paul Kovacik

Oct 1, 2022, 12:14:22 AM10/1/22
to SAS Google Group
Sorry Tim,
I don't have that view of the sky from where I live. It sounds like an airplane?

Clear Skies
Low Winds
Low Humidity

Paul Kovacik

Oct 1, 2022, 12:26:47 AM10/1/22
to SAS Google Group

Clear Skies
Low Winds
Low Humidity

Tim Clark

Oct 1, 2022, 12:33:28 AM10/1/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Paul
I’ve figured it out to be the star Dubhe in Ursa Major twinkling in an unsteady sky.
It wasn’t my alien ancestors trying to contact me again after all.
Thanks
Tim

spacecadetdoug

Oct 1, 2022, 12:34:15 AM10/1/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Don't worry.
Just a pack of space Aliens here to probe Uranus.......<;-)

Laura Perez

Oct 1, 2022, 1:52:39 AM10/1/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
😂😂😂😂

Jeff Baldwin

Oct 1, 2022, 2:17:12 AM10/1/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Did it get figured put? Green and red generally indicate FAA wingtip colors, red port and green starboard.