Last Nights Blood Moon Time Lapse Video

Paul Kovacik

May 26, 2021, 5:58:49 PM5/26/21
to SAS Google Group
This was my first attempt at doing a Lunar Eclipse Time Lapse video so I made some errors along the way. I'll do better the next time.

I mounted my camera onto my GoTo Telescope mount to shoot this video. As you can see there is some downward drift. (I'm still learning how to use the mount.) Also I increased the ISO so you see noise near the end of the video. Also I shot this video in my backyard so the trees got in the way near the end of the video.

I'm hoping to do better the next time. But all things considered, I figured it was not too bad for my first attempt at doing a Time Lapse Video of a Lunar Eclipse and the changing light that I had to deal with.

--
An Astronomer is a person that needs lots of S P A C E.

Christie Abbott

May 26, 2021, 8:00:37 PM5/26/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Very nice video! Thanks for sharing!

Christie

Paul Kovacik

May 26, 2021, 8:10:31 PM5/26/21
to SAS Google Group
Thank you.

An Astronomer is someone who needs lots of S P A C E

wolfsta...@aol.com

May 27, 2021, 12:12:20 AM5/27/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for sharing this video. I missed the eclipse so this was nice to see.

Paul Kovacik

May 27, 2021, 12:31:43 PM5/27/21
to SAS Google Group
You are welcome!

An Astronomer is someone who needs lots of S P A C E

Jason Keyes

May 27, 2021, 12:41:07 PM5/27/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Very cool. That was a great video!

Paul Kovacik

May 27, 2021, 12:44:12 PM5/27/21
to SAS Google Group
Thank you Jason. 😁

An Astronomer is someone who needs lots of S P A C E

Jeffrey B. Baldwin

May 28, 2021, 10:41:44 AM5/28/21
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

Awesome!

Jeff Baldwin

Lathrop, CA

This was my first attempt at doing a Lunar Eclipse Time Lapse video so I made some errors along the way. I'll do better the next time.

Image removed by sender.

image001.jpg

Paul Kovacik

May 28, 2021, 10:58:28 AM5/28/21
to SAS Google Group
Jeff,
Thank you. I appreciate your comments.
Paul

An Astronomer is someone who needs lots of S P A C E