Gen. Tom Stafford

bal...@comcast.net

Mar 18, 2024, 11:51:38 AMMar 18
to Sean Marsh, stockt...@googlegroups.com

Hi SAS:

Mike Lavieri just contacted me, our Apollo astronaut friend Tom Stafford passed away early this morning.

Baldy

Jeff Baldwin

Lathrop, CA

Tim Clark

Mar 18, 2024, 1:17:35 PMMar 18
to Sean Marsh, stockt...@googlegroups.com
This is sad news indeed, but we were very priveledged to have met him.

“Today General Tom Stafford went to the eternal heavens which he so courageously explored as a Gemini and Apollo astronaut as well as a peacemaker in Apollo Soyuz,” NASA Administrator Bill Nelson said via X, formerly known as Twitter. “Those of us privileged to know him are very sad but grateful we knew a giant.”

Inline image

Bob Jarrett

May 2, 2024, 3:34:03 PMMay 2
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

Hi SAS,

The Chandra X-ray telescope is in money trouble. Please see attached.

Tim how can we spread this message to other Armature Astronomy groups to get as much action as we can generate?

https://www.savechandra.org/act

Bob

bald...@comcast.net

May 2, 2024, 8:00:47 PMMay 2