High altitude star party

William Litel

Mar 9, 2024, 11:51:05 AMMar 9
to Stockton Astronomical Society
Good morning all,
  Having a look at any chance of observing this evening and things do not look so good.
image0.png
  The above clear sky chart is for the Hwy 4 site. Of course Peddler Hill has just a little snow from the storms last week.
  The chart is showing the conditions beginning to deteriorate at 17:00 and just getting worse as the night continues. The chart also shows the humidity as being quite high! I will not be going stargazing this evening.
  Hopefully y’all took advantage of the clear skies on Thursday and Friday. It was decent enough down here on the valley floor.

Clear skies and be safe,

William E. Litel
ISA Certified Arborist
WE-5486-A
TRAQ Certified

William Litel

Mar 10, 2024, 12:10:33 PMMar 10
to Stockton Astronomical Society
  Good morning all! I hope this Spring forward an hour isn’t beating anyone up too horribly!
  Ended up in San Jose with Bob and Mark where we enjoyed some bbq and Bob broke out his modified rocker for his 10” Orion. Worked nicely Bob.
  We had a decent look at the Sun with a solid 7 Sun spots and a on again, of again view of Jupiter. It was pretty soupy atmosphere. image0.jpeg
  Nonetheless, it’s nice to have a good small scope to break out and have a quick look at the heavens above.

Cheers,

William E. Litel
ISA Certified Arborist
WE-5486-A
TRAQ Certified

On Mar 9, 2024, at 8:51 AM, William Litel <lite...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Good morning all,
  Having a look at any chance of observing this evening and things do not look so good.

Jeff Baldwin

Mar 10, 2024, 12:20:30 PMMar 10
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Too bad some weirdo has your 22" mirror out of your Big Blue 22!
Baldy

William Litel

Mar 10, 2024, 2:05:34 PMMar 10
to stockt...@googlegroups.com