So Sorry

Stockton Astronomical Society

Mar 3, 2023, 3:34:00 PM3/3/23
to Stockton Astronomical Society
hey all just a quick check in, the last several weeks for me have been crazy since the dinner. Been working more then I would like to (dont we all though) our area got slammed hard with the storms, so hard in fact that as im typing this, there is banging happening over my head as our roof is being repaired. Im anxious to get the telescope out and do some star tours, but after work the last few weeks i normally eat and flop into bed.

Sorry for not being able to make events, March and April should be slower for me thus I will be more active. Until then clear skies.

-Mike Chapman

William Litel

Mar 3, 2023, 4:26:30 PM3/3/23
to Stockton Astronomical Society
  Thanks for the heads up Michael!  We look forward to seeing you out there whenever you can make it.

Cheers,

William E. Litel
1810 Santa Fe Dr.
Stockton, CA, 95209

Paul Kovacik

Mar 3, 2023, 4:31:50 PM3/3/23
to SAS Google Group
Michael,
Get well soon!

Paul

You haven't failed until you quit trying.

bald...@comcast.net

Mar 3, 2023, 4:37:27 PM3/3/23
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

Hey Mike:

When you’re done with your roof, you can come over and build me a new fence. Those storms were monstrous!

Baldy

Stockton Astronomical Society

Mar 3, 2023, 5:26:56 PM3/3/23
to Stockton Astronomical Society
Jeff,

Ha I wish I had the know-how or else I would take you up on it, we hired someone to do our roof, and our fence is on the verge of falling, but insurance has told me and the family that until it falls it's not covered. And yea those storms honestly reminded me of Hurricane Michael which I experienced in Florida while I was there on business a few years ago. That was the first time in my life actually concerned about the weather here in California lol. I look forward to seeing you all again, I missed the Venus/Jupiter event sadly but I did at least get a whispy look at Comet ZTF before it disappeared.

My star chart is on the shelf nearby and I promise you all that as soon as Im able to get a night of solid observations in I will be out there, On that note what targets would you reccomend for this time of year? I imagine the Orion Nebula by now is too low to see. Im honestly not familiar with the night sky in this time of the year. Anyway, hope you all are well, and in good health.

-Mike Chapman

Jeff Baldwin

Mar 3, 2023, 6:09:56 PM3/3/23
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
On March 18 we're going to have a club Messier Marathin at Hwy 4. That'll give us 109 objects to whack right there.