Not Going Tonight

bal...@comcast.net

Oct 22, 2022, 12:53:40 PM10/22/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

Hi SAS Gawkers:

Chester and I will NOT be going out gawking tonight.

Bady

Jeff Baldwin

Lathrop, CA

Paul Kovacik

Oct 22, 2022, 1:11:24 PM10/22/22
to SAS Google Group
OK

You haven't failed until you guit trying.

bald...@comcast.net

Oct 22, 2022, 4:44:45 PM10/22/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

Paul Kovacik

Oct 22, 2022, 4:59:12 PM10/22/22
to SAS Google Group
I'm not going. I'll wait until the conditions get better. Better visability and lower winds.

Paul Kovacik

You haven't failed until you guit trying.

spacecadetdoug

Oct 22, 2022, 8:01:18 PM10/22/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
I am in Strawberry now.
There are huge dark cumulus running south at high speeds.
It is windy and I bet it will rain again later.
Yeah....
Not a night for Astronomy in the Sierras.
A good night to have pot roast, wine and a warm fire in the Sierras
See you all next Saturday I hope.

Doug

Bill Litel

Oct 22, 2022, 8:06:47 PM10/22/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
  Why? What’s going on next weekend? 🤪

William E. Litel

Contract Vegetation Program Mgr.

ISA Certified Arborist WE-5486-A

TRAQ Certified, Calif. Cert. Nrsy. Pro. 2114

ACRT Pacific, LLC

Cell: 209-302-0095

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. IF THE READER OF THIS MESSAGE IS NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, EMPLOYEE, OR AGENT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERING THE MESSAGE TO THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY. THANK YOU.

Oct 22, 2022, 8:48:08 PM10/22/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
It's my fault. I bought a new filter... Sorry for the weather guys!

Jason

bal...@comcast.net

Oct 22, 2022, 8:48:47 PM10/22/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

UI plan on high altitude gawking next weekend. The Moon will interfere in early evening, but that ‘s ok.

bal...@comcast.net

Oct 22, 2022, 8:49:05 PM10/22/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

Eric Holland

Oct 23, 2022, 12:46:38 AM10/23/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
We are back at Oak Grove for Astronomy in the Park on Saturday 10/29.

Eric

Bill Litel

Oct 23, 2022, 10:39:24 AM10/23/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

Storing your telescope in the garage is quite common. Since the temperatures vary wildly in garages, you may consider putting silica gel packs in your scope containment system. I keep my scope in a trailer in my driveway, so it gets extremely cold in the winter, and really hot in the summer, my trailer cooks the scope. But it’s too big to go anywhere else, so that’s that.

Baldy

bald...@comcast.net

Oct 23, 2022, 10:41:13 AM10/23/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

I know the SAS is at Oak Grove that night, but I’ll be up high. This is one of those double site months.

From: 'Eric Holland' via Stockton Astronomical Society <stockt...@googlegroups.com>

spacecadetdoug

Oct 23, 2022, 1:08:01 PM10/23/22
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Hey Bill...Eric missed the goofy face emoji you used to denote "farce".....
It looked so much like your usual face<;-)
It was 46F inside the cabin this morning when I got up to start the fire before 8...28F outside on the porch.....
I have a small 40' fir that died and needs to become firewood .....INSIDE.
I will get it down in the Spring.