Is there any more examples?

Heidelberg

Dec 29, 2009, 8:08:31 PM12/29/09
to stockmonkey
Hi,

I found the stockmonkey lib quite interesting. However, I am not
quite sure that what parameter I should pass to MACD::insert(). If I
have the historical data(price, volume), what should I pass to the
function in order to get the right result as my software did?

Thanks in advance!

Heidel

Paul Miller

Dec 30, 2009, 7:22:45 AM12/30/09
to stockmonkey
No, the only example is in the synopsis.

http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Math::Business::MACD

> what parameter I should pass to MACD::insert()

This is all you need to know:

# choose one:
$macd->insert( @closing_values );
$macd->insert( $_ ) for @closing_values;

I'm not opposed to adding more examples, but I'm not sure what it
should show. The MACD is set of calculations based on one scalar
(usually the closing price).

> get the right result

I'm not sure what you're asking, but I think there's a FAQ entry about
this. Frequently calculations like MACD and DMI differ from site to
site and author to author. There isn't 100% general agreement on the
One True Way to calculate these things, so I went with the original
inventors methods where possible.

http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Math::Business::StockMonkey::FAQ

-Paul