Friday, July 19, 2024

1 view

Heather Meyer

Jul 19, 2024, 11:11:42 AM (3 days ago) Jul 19
to stockca...@googlegroups.com
T H E  *  S T O C K  *  C A R  *  G A Z E T T E

   Do you know for sure?

Editors Notes

Stock Car Gazette Columnist

Courtesy of Catchfence

Josh Berry Returns to AM Racing for Indianapolis Motor Speedway Xfinity Series Race

NASCAR Cup Series’ Return to Indianapolis Oval Likely to be Drama-Filled Affair

Qualifying Could be Critical in NASCAR Xfinity Series’ Return to Indianapolis “Big Track”
In a Star-Crossed Season, Ty Majeski Looks for Turnaround at Indianapolis Raceway Park

True Value Sponsors Return of IROC

World Wide Technology Raceway Forges Partnership with Tixr to Transform its Ticketing Experiences
Courtesy of Frontstretch

From Unforgettable to Unwatchable
Well, there were several reasons for that, and let’s look at the track itself first. NASCAR had the lower grooves in the corners repaved ahead of the Cup Series’ debut at Iowa Speedway back in June. The repaved area replaced some of the original...

ARCA Preview: Circle City 200 - Frontstretch
Frontstretch
The ARCA Menards Series rolls into Indianapolis, Indiana this week to tackle Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park, known commonly as IRP, for race ...

Eyes on Xfinity: Sammy Smith Excited for Playoff Push, Future at JR Motorsports
Frontstretch
In some ways, the NASCAR Xfinity Series has an even more volatile silly season than that of the NASCAR Cup Series. In Xfinity, you have drivers ...
NASCAR Cup Series
Courtesy of Google Alerts

RYAN BLANEY TAKES THE CHECKERED FLAG AT POCONO

The Brickyard 400 is back: The 30 memorable moments that defined NASCAR’s Indianapolis race

Michael McDowell on if he regrets announcing his 2025 plans in May | NASCAR on FOX
Michael McDowell discussed if he regrets announcing his 2025 plans in May and talked about his move to the oval this year. 1 MIN AGO・NASCAR Cup

“I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like”- Chase Briscoe bracing himself for emotional home race...
...in NASCAR Chase Briscoe has made big strides in NASCAR over the years. He became the 200th driver to win a Cup Series race ... finishing ninth overall that year. The NASCAR race in Briscoe's hometown of Indianapolis holds special meaning to...

Rick Ware Racing: Haley to Make NASCAR Cup Series Debut at Indianapolis
Haley, a native Hoosier, has a strong racing background, from quarter midgets to winning in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. Cody Ware, the No. 15 driver, will make his first start on the Indianapolis oval after two starts on the road course. RWR..

Indy Road Course winner McDowell sees "an opportunity" in oval return
We just need to capitalize on the opportunity.” Read Also: NASCAR CupChase Briscoe laments 'bittersweet' final Brickyard 400 for SHR NASCAR Cup2024 Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis schedule, entry list, and how to..

Noah Gragson: Indianapolis Advance, Brickyard Success, and Racing Strategies Revealed
The upcoming 2024 Brickyard 400 will be the 28th Cup Series race on Indy's 2.5-mile oval. Noah Gragson, driving the No. 10 car for Stewart-Haas Racing, has had success at Indy on the Xfinity Series. Stewart-Haas Racing, with Kevin Harvick, has been...

Richard Childress Racing will field Ty Dillon in this weekend’s Brickyard 400 in a new partnership with Titan Risk Solutions. (Jim Utter / Motorsport)

The Brickyard 400 is back. Here’s a look back at moments from the past that defined NASCAR’s annual trip to Indianapolis. (Jeff Gluck / The Athletic)

For the first - and only - time, Hoosier Chase Briscoe is ready to take on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway while driving for Tony Stewart in the No. 14 Ford. It promises to be an emotional weekend for him. (Kelly Crandall / RACER)

The Indy road course is no longer an option, but Michael McDowell still sees an opportunity to win on the oval. (Jim Utter / Motorsport)

NASCAR Brickyard 400 expert predictions: Denny Hamlin is favored at the Indianapolis oval

Hendrick Motorsports Media Advance: Indianapolis
...Saturday’s NASCAR Xfinity Series race, William Byron lined up on the front row for Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series race at ... Indianapolis Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. While battling for a championship, he became the youngest driver...

Bass Pro Shops/Winchester Racing: Noah Gragson Indianapolis Advance
...doesn’t have a NASCAR Cup Series start on Indy’s 2.5-mile oval, but he does have one NASCAR Xfinity Series start on the big ... don’t have any NASCAR Cup Series starts on the 2.5-mile oval, you do have one NASCAR Xfinity Series start on the oval (2019...

21 Draiver Team Headed Back To The Brickyard
NASCAR’s elite Cup Series returns to the Brickyard at Indianapolis Motor Speedway this weekend, with the race being contested on the legendary 2.5-mile oval after running the...

Courtesy of Jayski

Brickyard 400
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Sunday, July 21, 2:30pm/et
Green flag: 2:31pm/et
TV: NBC
Radio: IMS, SiriusXM
Stage Laps: 30/95/160
Practice: Fri. July 19, 2:35-3:25pm/et. TV-NBC Sports App.
Qualifying: Sat. July 20, 1:05-2:25pm/et. TV-USA.
The entry list for the Brickyard 400 NASCAR Cup Series race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway is posted, 39 teams/drivers [for 40 spots] are listed.
Some notable entries: #15-Cody Ware, #16-A.J. Allmendinger, #33-Ty Dillon, #66-B.J. McLeod, #84-Jimmie Johnson.
See the full entry list on the
Brickyard 400 Entry List page.

NASCAR Cup and Xfinity Series return to Indianapolis Motor Speedway oval on NBC

Coble Enterprises sponsoring MBM Motorsports, B.J. McLeod at Indianapolis

Weekend Preview: Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park

   N A S C A R * Xfinity * S E R I E S
Courtesy of Google Alerts

COLE CUSTER WINS AT POCONO

Qualifying could be critical in NASCAR Xfinity Series return to Indianapolis oval
...the Indianapolis Motor Speedway oval, it‘s the importance of qualifying to NASCAR Xfinity Series drivers. Brad Keselowski won the 2012 series debut race at big track from the eighth starting position. Since then, all seven Indy winners have...

RACE ADVANCE: Conor Daly at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
...Indianapolis Motor Speedway, this time with Sam Hunt Racing in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. When I heard the NASCAR Xfinity Series was returning to the oval at Indianapolis, I knew I had to be part of it. Driving for Polkadot at my home track in front...

Josh Berry Returns to AM Racing for Indianapolis Motor Speedway Xfinity Series Race
Building off their NASCAR Xfinity Series debut together last weekend at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway, NASCAR Cup Series rookie Josh Berry will drive the No. 15 AM Racing Ford Mustang in Saturday afternoon’s Pennzoil 250.

Courtesy of Jayski

Pennzoil 250
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Saturday, July 20, 2024, 3:30pm/et

Green flag: 3:35pm/et
Qualifying: Saturday, July 20, 12:05-12:55pm/et
Practice: Friday, July 19, 1:05-1:55pm/et
TV: USA
Radio: IMS, SiriusXM NASCAR
There are 38 drivers/teams on the entry list for the Pennzoil 250 Xfinity Series race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. No cars will miss the race.
Notables: #07-Greg Van Alst, #10-Daniel Dye, #13-BJ McLeod, #14-TBA, #15-Josh Berry, #19-Joe Graf Jr., #20-Aric Almirola, #26-Conor Daly, #35-Joey Gase, #45-Garrett Smithley, #88-Carson Kvapil, #92-Josh Bilicki
See the full
Indianapolis Entry List.

Weekend Preview: Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park

NASCAR National Series News & Notes – Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park

Courtesy of SpeedSport.Com

Schuchart & Scelzi Double Down At Eldora
Logan Schuchart and Giovanni Scelzi each claimed $12,000 feature victories during the Double Down Duels presented by High Limit Racing Thursday night at Eldora Speedway.

'Grateful' Robb To Return In Toronto
Despite a wild crash on the final lap of Sunday’s NTT IndyCar Series race at Iowa Speedway, Sting Ray Robb has been cleared by the IndyCar medical staff to compete in this weekend’s Ontario Honda Dealers Indy Toronto.

Mazda MX-5 Cup Set For Martinsville Exhibition Race
Martinsville Speedway and the Whelen Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by Michelin announced the spec series will hold an exhibition race as part of the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour season finale on Oct. 26.

Briscoe Has One Shot At Brickyard Glory In No. 14
As a native Hoosier, Chase Briscoe had his eyes glued to his television during the annual Brickyard 400.

Hendrick To Drive Brickyard 400 Pace Car
Rick Hendrick is the winningest team owner in NASCAR history and has the most victories of any NASCAR team owner in the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

True Value To Support IROC's Lime Rock Renewal
True Value has renewed its sponsorship of the International Race of Champions to sponsor this weekend’s return of the series at Lime Rock Park.

Trackhouse Entertainment Gets New Investor
The Avenue Sports Fund has acquired a significant minority stake in Trackhouse Entertainment Group, the parent company to Trackhouse Racing, which fields teams in the NASCAR Cup Series and the FIM MotoGP World Championship.

NASCAR* CRAFTSMAN* T R U C K * S E R I E S
Courtesy of Google Alerts

Spire Motorsports TSport 200 Race Advance - Speedway Digest - Home for NASCAR News
Speedway Digest
Spire Motorsports fields the Nos. 7, 71 and 77 Chevrolet Silverados full time in the NCTS. An all-star driver lineup will rotate throughout the 2024 ...

Jack Wood's Short Track Stock Spikes Ahead of Third NASCAR Start at IRP
His recent strong performances include a 12th-place finish at North Wilkesboro Speedway and a runner-up finish at Irwindale Speedway in the ARCA Menards Series West. Wood earned the eighth-most points at North Wilkesboro Speedway. The MHR...

Young’s Motorsports Indianapolis Truck | Xfinity Team Preview
...under the Friday night lights with the ARCA Menards Series, will mark Massey’s sixth career short-track race in the NASCAR ... under the Friday night lights with the ARCA Menards Series, will mark Massey’s sixth career short-track race in the NASCAR...

Ankrum Has an Opportunity to Clinch Playoff Spot at IRP
...to Indianapolis Raceway Park (IRP) with an opportunity to clinch his spot in the NASCAR CRAFTSMAN Truck Series (NCTS) playoffs. The driver of the No. 18 LIUNA Chevrolet Silverado RST finished 14th at Pocono Raceway last Friday, earning a total of...
Courtesy of Jayski

TSport 200
Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park
Friday, July 19, 8:30pm/et
Green flag: 8:45pm/et
TV: FS1
Radio: MRN, SiriusXM
Stage Laps: 60/120/200
The entry list for the TSport 200 NASCAR CRAFTSMAN Truck Series race at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park has been released. There are 35 drivers/teams for 36 spots. Since 35 teams are entered, none will miss the race. Some notes: #1-William Sawalich, #04-Marco Andretti, #7-Sammy Smith, #16-Johnny Sauter, #44-Conor Daly,#45-Ross Chastain, #66-Luke Fenhaus, #91-Jack Wood. See the complete TSport 200 Entry List page.

Weekend Preview: Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park

NASCAR National Series News & Notes – Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park

 Courtesy of MotorsportsBeat

Kevin Magnussen leaving Haas at season’s end (F1)
Kevin Magnussen will be out at Haas following the conclusion of the current Formula 1 season.

Haas confirmed the Dane’s impending exit, foreshadowing the end of a tenure that’s lasted for all but two of its seasons in F1.

“I’d like to extend my thanks to everyone at MoneyGram Haas F1 Team — I’m proud to have raced for such a great team of people these last few years,” Magnussen said in a team statement. “In particular I’d like to thank Gene Haas for his commitment to me, notably in bringing me back once again in 2022 when I thought, at that time at least, my time in Formula 1 had ended. I’ve enjoyed some great moments with this team — memories I’ll never forget.

“While I’m looking forward to the next chapter of my racing career, I remain fully focused on giving everything I’ve got for the rest of 2024 with MoneyGram Haas F1 Team.”

Magnussen arrived at Haas in 2017, replacing Esteban Gutierrez after the organization’s debut season. He stayed until 2021, when he was ousted in favor of an all-rookie lineup featuring Mick Schumacher and Nikita Mazepin. But when the Russian Mazepin was ousted amid Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in 2022, Magnussen returned and has stayed on through 2024.

There’s no confirmation of a replacement for Magnussen, but Haas has been lined to exiting Alpine veteran Esteban Ocon. The team has already confirmed Formula 2 driver Oliver Bearman for one of its 2025 seats. Current driver Nico Hulkenberg is off to Sauber, meaning another will be open with Magnussen’s exit.

But for now, team principal Ayao Komatsu is focused on celebrating Magnussen’s time with the operation.

“I’d like to thank Kevin for everything he’s given us as a team — both on and off the track,” Komatsu said in the release. “He’s truly been a bedrock of our driver lineup over the years. Nobody’s driven more races for us and we’ve had some memorable highlights together — not least a remarkable fifth place finish at the Bahrain Grand Prix in 2022 when Kevin returned to start his second spell with the team.

“He wasn’t expecting to be driving a Formula 1 car that weekend, but he put in a remarkable performance that was a tremendous boost to the entire organization and once again showcased his own talents behind the wheel.

“There’s plenty of racing to go this year so I’m looking forward to seeing what else we can achieve with Kevin as we push together in the championship. Beyond that, and with Kevin’s special relationship with the team, I’m hoping we can find a way to keep working together in some capacity.

“We can hopefully define that in the near future, but his extensive experience in Formula 1 and knowledge of our working operations are undoubtedly of value in our on-going growth and development.”

(Source(s): Chris Medland / RACER)

James Courtney set for Supercars retirement after 2025 (Supercars)
One-time Supercars champion James Courtney is ready to hang up his helmet at the end of the 2025 Supercars season.

Courtney has been a stalwart of the series for over a decade, winning the 2010 title. He will have spent 20 years in Supercars by the time of his retirement.

He already has a new target post-retirement: Real estate.

“Real estate is actually my first real job now because racing has been my whole life up until now,” Courtney told 9News. “I'm coming towards the end of the racing side of my life and I saw (real estate) as a natural progression.I've always had a massive interest in real estate, whether it's buying and selling my own houses.

“I'll finish this year and do next year then that'll be it for me full-time.”

Courtney currently competes for Blanchard Racing Team, having made a change after previously competing with Tickford Racing for three years.

The peak of his career came with Dick Johnson Racing in 2010, when he upset Jamie Whincup in an intense late fight to score a shocking title. From there he went to Holden Racing Team, where Courtney struggled through nine season with just six wins and a best championship finish of sixth.

The biggest thing missing on Courtney’s resume is a Bathurst 1000 win. He’ll have two more chances to conquer the iconic event before his retirement.

(Source(s): Simon Chapman)

High Limit coming to Perth with Larson, Sweet (Sprint Cars)
High Limit Racing is coming to Western Australia.

The American winged sprint car series announced Thursday that it will host a special three-day international event on Dec. 28-30. The races will be held at Perth Motorplex and pay an Australian sprint car record $100,000 to the winner of the finale. The event will be called “High Limit International: Perth.”

The move is the first venture outside of the United States for the series launched by Kyle Larson and Brad Sweet in 2022. It won’t be considered a points event, but six drivers from the series have agreed to compete in the races. They include Larson, Sweet, Rico Abreu, Cory Eliason, Parker-Price Miller and Australia’s own James McFadden - the current Western Australia Sprint Car Champion.

“All of us at High Limit are excited to take the first step in expanding our brand to an international level,” Larson said in a series release. “Australian sprint car fans are passionate and super supportive. They deserve a six-figure paying race as do the Australian drivers and teams. I’m looking forward to getting down there with Brad (Sweet) and some of our High Rollers to race with those guys.”

The race will air on FloRacing, adding to a December broadcast schedule that includes the Snowball Derby, Gateway Dirt Nationals and Tulsa Shootout.

“We know that our Australian fans are eager for more motorsports action on their shores and to be able to bring another high-paying High Limit Racing event to them and stream it to the world is extremely exciting,” FloRacing general manager Michael Rigsby said. “This is going to super fuel the growth of High Limit and FloRacing in the market.”

(Source(s): FloRacing)

Race Recaps
Dirt

World of Outlaws Sprint Cars:

David Gravel’s stellar 2024 campaign continues with a win in the Brad Doty Classic at Attica Raceway Park. (Alex Nieten / WorldofOutlaws.com)

High Limit Racing:

Logan Schuchart and Gio Scelzi triumphed in the Double Down Duel$ that kicked off Kings Royal week. (HighLimitRacing.com)

Fast Fact
Kevin Magnussen has ebbed and flowed with Haas’ on-track pace over his tenure with the team. His best season came in 2018, when he scored 56 points with an average finish of 11.2. He has one career podium, but it came before the team’s launch - Magnussen finished second with McLaren Mercedes at the 2014 opener on Australia.
Formula 1
Kevin Magnussen, longest-tenured driver in Haas’ F1 history, to leave team at end of 2024 season

F1 Hungarian GP track breakdown: The narrow, bumpy, relentless Hungaroring

Tsunoda claims to be the ideal replacement for Checo Pérez at Red Bull
...position at Red Bull Racing The future of Sergio Perez in the Formula 1 is an unknown. Red Bull Racing It is the strongest ... a signing for Red Bull Racing Team to be a teammate of the three-time Formula 1 champion, which It would mean Perez’s...

New Netflix series to chronicle Ayrton Senna's rise in Formula 1 and his enduring legacy
...fictional look at the life of the legendary Formula 1 driver Netflix has revealed a new limited series titled Senna ... one of the most iconic figures in motor racing history, set to premiere on November 29. The six-episode series will delve...

Despite turning to sports cars in 2021, Magnussen is prioritizing remaining in an F1 seat as things stand. (Chris Medland / RACER)

What are Magnussen’s options now that he’s at a career crossroads? (Alex Kalinauckas / Motorsport)

'Things can change quickly' – Sergio Perez reacts to Horner's comments about lack of ... - F1
F1
“I think it's obvious,” the 34-year-old responded. “I'm the first one that is not satisfied with the past races, with the past results, and I'm the ...

Mercedes explain why they were keen to finish Hamilton's 'absolutely incredible' chapter ...
F1
George Russell took his second win in F1 at the Austrian Grand Prix, while Hamilton stood on the top step of the podium one week later for an ...

Next moves in F1's wild driver market after Magnussen and Haas split - The Race
The Race
The next moves in Formula 1's wildly unpredictable driver market should be made before the summer break but the biggest unresolved elements could ...

The FIA plans to use video checks to help with analysis of flexi-wing tricks starting in Belgium. (Jonathan Noble / Motorsport)

Logan Sargeant has many critics. He’s ignoring them all. This piece looks at Sargeant’s fight to save his F1 future. (Luke Smith / The Athletic)

Sergio Perez insists that he won’t be replaced at Red Bull before the end of his contract in 2025. (Chris Medland / RACER)

Perez would be a major F1 asset if he is ousted at Red Bull, but what would his options be? (Jake Boxall-Legge / Motorsport)

Daniel Ricciardo says all drivers feel the pressure when their seat is questioned. (Chris Medland / RACER)

If Red Bull does replace Perez, RB’s Yuki Tsunoda feels it would be “weird” for the team to go with Liam Lawson over him. (Filip Cleeren & Jonathan Noble / Motorsport)

Red Bull is entering a big new era with Ford. It can’t afford for it to become a failure. (Jonathan Noble / Motorsport)

Pierre Gasly feels that Alpine has a trio of good option to replace the outgoing Esteban Ocon. (Jake Boxall-Legge / Motorsport)

Lewis Hamilton was one of many drivers to react to Ralf Schumacher’s coming out, saying it sends a “positive message.” (Ben Hunt / Motorsport)

Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz has learned to be more selfish in trying to decide his future. (Chris Medland / RACER)

So… What is Adrian Newey actually doing at the race track these days? (Alex Kalinauckas / Motorsport)

Hungarian Gp: Fia Thursday Press Conference
It's an incredible circuit, but I think I rather prefer Suzuka or even Silverstone, I think, for the modern Formula 1 cars. Maybe more fun. And yes, racing below 30 degrees doesn't make any sense for me. Q: Have you always been flat through Eau...

  Formula E

Formula E's London E-Prix Season Finale Venue Is Rare Indoor/Outdoor Challenge
Street courses in NASCAR, Indy Car, and F1 have their iconic layouts. But the ABB FIA Formula E Series just might have trumped them all. The fully electric auto-racing series will crown its Season 10 champion this Sunday following the second event...

Extreme H has inched closer to reality after completing. public test run last weekend in Scotland. (Dominik Wilde / RACER)

Extreme H hopes its new-look series will be an evolution of the current Extreme E tour it’s replacing. (Dominik Wilde / RACER)

A septet of drivers are entering Formula E’s London finale with a shot at the series title. (Stefan Mackley / Motorsport)

Formula E could have options for its future UK races, but the different opportunities have made a dilemma. (Sam Smith / The Race)

ARCA -Automobile Racing Club of America

Entry list: Circle City 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park - ARCA Racing
ARCA Racing
ARCARACING.COM IS PART OF THE NASCAR DIGITAL MEDIA NETWORK. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use and Accessibility. Manage Preferences. COPYRIGHT 2024 ARCA ...

Indy Car

Toby Sowery has signed on for the remainder of the 2024 road and street course schedule with Dale Coyne Racing after his successful debut in Mid-Ohio. (Joey Barnes / Motorsport)

Alex Palou’s Iowa crash opened the door for his championship rivals. Winner Scott McLaughlin could be a driver that capitalizes. (Charles Bradley / Motorsport)

Teams were left frustrated over the weekend as they struggled to activate and deactivate the new car’s energy recovery systems. (Marshall Pruett / RACER)

The series itself has much to learn from a messy first oval weekend in the hybrid era. (Marshall Pruett / RACER)

Ed Carpenter Racing has built a new car for Toronto after facing a host of trouble in Iowa. (Marshall Pruett / RACER)

A.J. Foyt Racing looks the best it has in a decade amid the current summer stretch. (Marshall Pruett / RACER)

Do you actually need an oval win to be a credible IndyCar driver? (Jack Benyon / The Race)

IMSA -International Motor Sports Association

Aston Martin’s Valkyrie Hypercar has completed its first shakedown test ahead of a planned 2025 debut. (Gary Watkins / Motorsport)

Peugeot has confirmed that Nico Mueller will exit its Hypercar driver roster at year’s end. (Stephen Kilbey / RACER)

We might also know his replacement. Malthe Jakobsen will be a Peugeot Hypercar driver in 2025. (Daily Sportscar)

A tool meant for monitoring performance and controlling costs has had a positive effect on GT racing. (James Newbold / Motorsport)

NASCAR Canada Series

Spotlight – Saskatchewan Driver Shantel Kalika Ready to Race with New Colours
NASCAR Pinty's Series
SASKATOON, SK - JULY 26: The NASCAR Pinty's series at ...

NHRA -National Hot Rod Association¬-NHRA Drag Racing tour

Brittany Force Announces Decision On Racing Future After Dad's Scary Crash
So what does the future have in store for Force's daughter, NHRA star Brittany Force? The answer: Back to the ... she will be back to drag racing with the NHRA this weekend in Seattle. It will mark her first race since her father was...

John Force Racing's Peak Chevy team prepping for a return with substitute driver | NHRA
NHRA
... most recently in 2019, John Force won't have the opportunity to reach double digit success during this week's 35th NHRA Northwest Nationals.

Tony Stewart Racing Prepares for the NHRA Northwest Nationals - MoparInsiders
MoparInsiders
This event, held from July 19-21 at Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington, marks the 11th event on the NHRA's 20-race calendar and promises to be a ...

Racing legend Ron Capps talks about his upcoming race at the NHRA Northwest Nationals
YouTube
Racing legend Ron Capps joins Good Day Seattle to discuss his upcoming race at NHRA Northwest Nationals this weekend. Subscribe to FOX 13 Seattle: ...

World of Outlaws

CROWN CHASING: Logan Schuchart Hungry to Wear Kings Royal Crown | World of Outlaws
WorldOfOutlaws.com
Schuchart's Eldora résumé speaks for itself. He's topped four races with the World of Outlaws at “The House that Earl Built.” He's also won four races ...

C O L U M N S / C O M M E N T A R I E S
Shades of IROC: SpeedTour All-Star Race at Lime Rock Promises to Be Absolute Blast
Autoweek
Hailie Deegan from NASCAR and a three-time champ in the Lucas Oil Off-Road Pro Series is paired with 15-year-old Ben Maier. Advertisement ...

How Brad Pitt’s F1 movie immersed itself in the racing world: ‘People creating magic’

NASCAR betting: 2024 Indianapolis Motor Speedway odds
NASCAR.com
View the current favorites for Sunday's NASCAR Cup Series race at Indianapolis, with odds courtesy of DraftKings and updated on race day.

Kyle Larson to headline $100,000 Perth speedway coup
...‘High Rollers' already confirmed to make the trip down under. The headline act is NASCAR champion Larson, who will be making his first appearance at the famous West Aussie venue. He will be joined by Sweet, Cory Eliason, Parker Price- Miller, Rico...

Nascar Shakes Up Executive Team Before Charter Deal Is Signed
...broadcast rights agreement kicks off in 2025, a major year for Nascar that will see Amazon and Turner Sports broadcast Cup Series races. Nascar teams want the new charter agreement to provide them a larger piece of the pie when it comes to the...

Jeff Gordon reflects on return of Brickyard 400 at Indy
...Cup-record five victories on the Indy oval. After a three-year hiatus, the Brickyard 400 returns to the NASCAR Cup Series ... NASCAR tests in 1993, the inaugural Brickyard 400 was scheduled for 1994 and became an instant crown jewel on the Cup Series...

Goodyear worked to try to sort out what went wrong (and sort of right) this spring at Bristol Motor Speedway in a midweek tire test. (Jim Utter / Motorsport)

Don DeSalle, a three-time race winner as a USAC Sprint Car owner and 2001 Indiana Sprint Week title winner, passed away Tuesday at age 76. (Richie Murray / USAC Media)

It’s happening. The Wheeled Mazda MX-5 Cup is coming to Martinsville Speedway on October. 26. (RACER)

World Wide Technology Raceway Forges Partnership With Tixr to Transform Its Ticketing Experiences
The 2025 event will be ticketed entirely on Tixr among the myriad races and other events at WWTR. WWTR is the only track currently hosting NASCAR, INDYCAR, and NHRA – American auto racing’s three largest motorsports touring series. “Our new...

Legendary NASCAR, IndyCar Spotter Bob Jeffrey Passes Away
He would also perform live pit stops as a tire changer for the Henderson Motorsports Food Country car in what is now known as the NASCAR Xfinity Series. Jeffrey was the first to tell you that he wasn’t the world’s fastest tire changer, but when it...

BOBBY PIERCE TOPS SILVER DOLLAR NATIONALS OPENER AT HUSET'S SPEEDWAY

RODNEY SANDERS EARNS 120TH USMTS WIN AT FAIRMONT

JASON FEGER WINS 30TH HELL TOUR FEATURE IN 2024 FINALE AT SYCAMORE

DAVID GRAVEL HITS JOKERS JACKPOT FOR $100,000 AT ELDORA

Rajah Caruth: NASCAR’s Drive for Diversity ‘Was My Saving Grace’

F1 driver Magnussen to leave Haas at the end of this season

Longtime Cup owner Rick Hendrick to drive pace car at Brickyard 400

Kyle Larson makes another trip to Indianapolis as Brickyard 400 returns to speedway’s oval

Lewis Hamilton applauds Ralf Schumacher after the former F1 driver reveals same-sex relationship

Gordon reflects on Brickyard 400’s return

Xfinity Series return to Indianapolis oval

Friday 5: Jeff Gordon on ’94 Indy win, Hendrick drivers atop points, NASCAR Cup future

Friday NASCAR, Truck schedule at 2024 Indianapolis Motor Speedway, IRP

Dr. Diandra: The best NASCAR drivers on the Indy oval

PODCASTS

Celebrating 30 Years of The Brickyard With Jamie McMurray & Dale Jarrett

Brickyard: Penske Rockets & Byron Top Chevy

NASCAR DFS: IRP Truck Series Strategy 2024 — Lucas Oil Indianapolis Picks & Predictions — DraftKings

Bringing the Heat: Josh Berry & Panini Bring Caitlin Clark to the Track

The Changing Business of NASCAR, Media Rights, Option Tires, and MX-5 Cup Mimics iRacing

NASCAR Coast to Coast - Christian Rose

TSport 200 Betting Picks 2024 (Ep. 460)

PRN At The Track
EP 2429 Mid-America Edition: Kayla Roell, Randy Weaver, Cash Kinsey
July 18, 2024
Kayla Roell, 410 Sprint Car winner at Lawrenceburg Speedway: Randy Weaver, I-75 Speedway winner and racing broadcaster; Cash Kinsey; Viola Boyz Backroad Speedway and Mercer County Fair Bomber Class winner are this week’s guests.

Garage Pass
EP 242904: Chase Elliott, Chase Briscoe, Austin Cindric, William Byron
July 18, 2024
After three years on the Indy road course, NASCAR returns to the famed 2.5-mile oval for the 30th anniversary Brickyard 400 with Chase Elliott, Chase Briscoe and Austin Cindric glad they're back on the big track. Plus William Byron not all that revved up for the two week Olympic break that comes after Sunday's race.

Garage Pass
EP 242905: Larson, Byron, Hamlin, Busch, Keselowski
July 19, 2024
NASCAR is back on the big oval at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Among the drivers happy to be running the Brickyard 400 again Kyle Larson and William Byron with Denny Hamlin feeling it'll be a race won on speed and strategy. Plus, Brad Keselowski remembers his Indy win in 2018.

Hungarian GP: Driver market updates dominate Thursday

Episode 235: Doug Rice

ESPORTS

  T V  * STREAMING *  L I S T I N G S

Courtesy Frontstretch
TV Schedule - Frontstretch

Friday, July 19
Search:
Time
Telecast
Network
12 - 12:30 a.m.
On the Rise Episode 10 (Jeb Burton)
MAVTV# (from July 18)
12 - 1 a.m.
RPM Speedway 12th Annual Sunflower Classic, Modifieds
SpeedSport1*/#
12:30 - 1 a.m.
Formula Regional European Championship: Zandvoort
MAVTV*/# (from June 8-9)
1 - 2 a.m.
2024 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, Time Attack and Open Wheel
MAVTV*/# (from June 23)
1 - 2 a.m.
Indoor Auto Racing NAPA Auto Parts Atlantic City Indoor Race, Gambler's Classic
SpeedSport1*/# (from January 27)
1 - 3 a.m.
Extreme E Championship: Desert X-Prix No. 2
FOX Sports 2*/# (from February 18)
2 - 3 a.m.
British Touring Car Championship Round 3 (Snetterton)
MAVTV*/# (from May 25-26)
2 - 3 a.m.
GT America powered by AWS Round 10 (VIR)
SpeedSport1*# (from June 18, 2023)
3 - 4 a.m.
2024 Isle of Man TT: Superbike Race No. 1
MAVTV*/# (from June 5)
3 - 4 a.m.
NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series: Norwalk
FOX Sports 2*/# (from June 30)
3 - 4 a.m.
FIA Goodyear European Truck Racing Championship Round 11 (Zolder)
SpeedSport1*/ (from June 23)
3:55 - 4:45 a.m.
FIA Formula 3 Championship: Hungaroring Practice
ESPN+$$$
4 - 4:30 a.m.
NHRA Congruity Pro Mod Drag Racing Series: Richmond
FOX Sports 2*/# (from June 23)
4 - 5:15 a.m.
Moto 4: The Movie
MAVTV#
4 - 6 a.m.
Repco Supercars Championship Bosch Power Tools Perth SuperSprint Race No. 1
SpeedSport1*# (from May 18)
4:30 - 5 a.m.
NHRA in 30: Pro Stock Callout
FOX Sports 2*/# (from March 10)
5:05 - 5:55 a.m.
FIA Formula 2 Championship: Hungaroring Practice
ESPN+$$$
5:30 - 6 a.m.
On the Rise Episode 10 (Jeb Burton)
MAVTV# (from July 18)
6 - 7 a.m.
2023 Legend Cars: Brands Hatch No. 2 Part No. 2
MAVTV*/#
6 - 7 a.m.
FIA Goodyear European Truck Racing Championship Round 10 (Zolder)
SpeedSport1*/# (from June 22)
7 - 8 a.m.
Ultimate Karting Championship: Warden Law Part No. 2
MAVTV*/#
7 - 8 a.m.
SRL National Tour Davidson Electric 125
SpeedSport1*/# (from April 1, 2023)
7:25 - 8:30 a.m.
Formula 1 Grand Prix of Hungary Free Practice No. 1
ESPN2
8 - 9 a.m.
Repco Supercars Championship Bosch Power Tools Perth SuperSprint Race No. 1
MAVTV*/# (from May 18)
8 - 9 a.m.
RPM Speedway 12th Annual Sunflower Classic, Modifieds
SpeedSport1*/#
8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
NHRA Division 2 at Bristol Dragway Day No. 1
NHRA.tv$$$
9 - 10 a.m.
Indoor Auto Racing NAPA Auto Parts Atlantic City Indoor Race, Gambler's Classic
SpeedSport1*/# (from January 27)
9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
NHRA Division 5 at Brainerd International Raceway Day No. 2
NHRA.tv$$$
9:05 - 9:45 a.m.
FIA Formula 3 Championship: Hungaroring Qualifying
ESPN+$$$
10 - 10:40 a.m.
FIA Formula 2 Championship: Hungaroring Qualifying
ESPN+$$$
10 - 11 a.m.
Australian Motocross Championship Round 6 (Coffs), MX2
SpeedSport1*/#
10:55 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Formula 1 Grand Prix of Hungary Free Practice No. 2
ESPN2
11 - 11:30 a.m.
Auto Mundial Episode 21
MAVTV
11 - 11:30 a.m.
Fastzone: 2024 Episode 10
SpeedSport1#
11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
NHRA Mission Drag Racing Series Northwest Nationals Day No. 1
NHRA.tv$$$
11:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Motorsport Mundial Episode 70
MAVTV
11:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
GP Confidential: Montreal
SpeedSport1#
11:55 a.m. - 12:45 a.m.
ABB FIA Formula E World Championship: London Free Practice No. 1
Formula E YouTube^
12 - 12:30 p.m.
Grand Prix Insights Episode 38 (Hungaroring Preview)
MAVTV
12 - 1 p.m.
FIA Goodyear European Truck Racing Championship Round 11 (Zolder)
SpeedSport1*/# (from June 23)
12:15 - 1:15 p.m.
F1 Show: Hungaroring
ESPN3$
12:35 - 1:20 p.m.
Porsche Supercup Series: Hungaroring Practice
ESPN+$$$
1 - 1:30 p.m.
Rallye des Princesses Richard
SpeedSport1*/#
1 - 2 p.m.
Australian Circuit Boats: Melton Part No. 2
MAVTV*/
1:30 - 2 p.m.
Le Tour Auto
SpeedSport1*/#
2 - 2:30 p.m.
Auto Mundial Episode 21
MAVTV#
2 - 2:30 p.m.
All Wheel Drive Club Round 6 (BriPart)
SpeedSport1*/#
2:30 - 3 p.m.
Motorsport Mundial Episode 70
MAVTV#
2:30 - 3 p.m.
Spa Classic
SpeedSport1*/#
3 - 3:30 p.m.
Grand Prix Insights Episode 38 (Hungaroring Preview)
MAVTV#
3 - 4 p.m.
ADAC 24H Nurburgring
SpeedSport1*/#
3 - 4:15 p.m.
NTT IndyCar Series Ontario Honda Dealers Indy Toronto Practice No. 1
Peacock$$$
3:30 - 4 p.m.
NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series TSport 200 Practice
FOX Sports 1
4 - 5 p.m.
Australian Circuit Boats: Melton Part No. 2
MAVTV*/#
4 - 5 p.m.
NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series TSport 200 Qualifying
FOX Sports 1
4 - 5 p.m.
GT America powered by AWS Round 9 (VIR)
SpeedSport1*# (from June 17, 2023)
5 - 5:30 p.m.
Auto Mundial Episode 21
MAVTV#
5 - 5:30 p.m.
Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour Episode 1 (Josh Berry)
FOX Sports 1# (from July 17)
5 - 5:30 p.m.
FIA Pure Motorsport
MAVTV#
5 - 6 p.m.
GT America powered by AWS Round 10 (VIR)
SpeedSport1*# (from June 18, 2023)
5:30 - 6 p.m.
Motorsport Mundial Episode 70
MAVTV#
5:30 - 6 p.m.
FIA Pure Motorsport
MAVTV#
5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
ARCA Menards Series/ARCA Menards Series East Circle City 200
FOX Sports 1
FLORacing.com$$$
6 - 6:30 p.m.
FIA Pure Motorsport
MAVTV#
6 - 6:30 p.m.
Fastzone: 2024 Episode 10
SpeedSport1#
6 - 7 p.m.
Ultimate Karting Championship: Kimbolton Part No. 3
MAVTV*/ (from May 12)
6 - 7:15 p.m.
Born Racers Episode 5 (Pressure)
TruTV# (from July 12)
6:15 - 10:30 p.m.
World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series Knight Before the Kings Royal
DirtVision.com$$$
6:30 - 7 p.m.
FIA Pure Motorsport
MAVTV#
6:30 - 7 p.m.
GP Confidential: Montreal
SpeedSport1#
6:30 - 10:30 p.m.
Autodrome Granby NASCAR Weekly Racing
FLORacing.com$$$
6:55 - 10:45 p.m.
Can-Am Speedway Night No. 11 (602 Sprint Spectacular)
DirtTrackDigest.tv$$
Speedsport.tv$$
7 - 8 p.m.
IMCA Winter Nationals Night No. 8, Stock Cars
SpeedSport1*/#
7 - 10:45 p.m.
Penn Can Speedway Josh Ellis Memorial
DirtTrackDigest.tv$$
Speedsport.tv$$
7 - 11 p.m.
Bumper to Bumper IRA Outlaw Sprint Series King of the Wing Night No. 2 (River Cities Speedway)
FLORacing.com$$$
7 - 11 p.m.
Schaeffer's Southern Nationals Series at East Alabama Motor Speedway
FLORacing.com$$$
7 - 11 p.m.
Beaver Dam Raceway IMCA Stock Car Twin 25s Night No. 1
DirtVision.com$$$
7 - 11 p.m.
Albany-Saratoga Speedway Night No. 15 (Weekly Racing and the Empire Super Sprints)
DirtTrackDigest.tv$$
Speedsport.tv$$
7 - 11:30 p.m.
Huset's Speedway Silver Dollar Nationals presented by MyRacePass Night No. 2
FLORacing.com$$$
7:15 - 8:30 p.m.
Born Racers Episode 6 (Reckoning)
TruTV# (from July 12)
7:15 - 11 p.m.
Oswego Speedway ISMA/MSS Supermodifieds
FLORacing.com$$$
7:15 - 11 p.m.
Xtreme Outlaw Midgets at Spoon River Speedway
DirtVision.com$$$
7:15 - 11:10 p.m.
Afton Fairgrounds Speedway Night No. 6 (Afton Fair Week)
DirtTrackDigest.tv$$
Speedsport.tv$$
7:15 - 11:15 p.m.
Ransomville Speedway Night No. 9 (Kyle Inman Sportsman Memorial)
DirtTrackDigest.tv$$
Speedsport.tv$$
7:30 - 8:15 p.m.
DIRT Zone
DirtVision.com$$$
7:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour Episode 2 (Pocono Recap)
FOX Sports 1
7:30 - 11:20 p.m.
Big Diamond Speedway Night No. 10 (Topless Night/Getz Motorsports Bike Night)
DirtTrackDigest.tv$$
Speedsport.tv$$
7:30 - 11:30 p.m.
MARS Late Model Championship at Farmer City Raceway
FLORacing.com$$$
7:45 - 11:30 p.m.
Marshalltown Speedway IMCA Weekly Racing
FLORacing.com$$$
7:45 - 11:45 p.m.
American Sprint Car Series at Lakeside Speedway
DirtVision.com$$$
8 - 9 p.m.
FIA Goodyear European Truck Racing Championship Round 11 (Zolder)
SpeedSport1*/# (from June 23)
8 - 9:15 p.m.
Moto 5: The Movie
MAVTV#
8:30 - 9 p.m.
World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series
CBS Sports Network*/#
8:30 - 9:45 p.m.
Born Racers Episode 1 (Sacrifice)
TruTV# (from June 28)
8:30 - 10:30 p.m.
NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series TSport 200
FOX Sports 1
8:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Speed Tour Sprintcars at Magic Valley Speedway
FLORacing.com$$$
8:30 p.m. - 1 a.m.
Silver Dollar Speedway Tyler Wolf Memorial
FLORacing.com$$$
9 - 10 p.m.
FIM SuperEnduro World Championship Round 4 (Cluj)
SpeedSport1*/# (from January 20)
9:30 - 10 p.m.
On the Rise Episode 9 (Thomas Annunziata)
MAVTV# (from July 11)
9:45 - 11 p.m.
Born Racers Episode 2 (Rivalry)
TruTV# (from June 28)
10 - 11 p.m.
SRL National Tour Davidson Electric 125
SpeedSport1*/# (from April 1, 2023)
10 p.m. - 2 a.m.
Barona Speedway Summer Shootout Night No. 1
LowBudget.tv$$
Speedsport.tv$$
10:30 p.m. - 12 a.m.
NHRA Mission Drag Racing Series Northwest Nationals Early Qualifications
FOX Sports 1*/
11 - 11:30 p.m.
Fastzone: 2024 Episode 10
SpeedSport1#
11 p.m. - 12:15 a.m.
Moto 5: The Movie
MAVTV#
11:30 p.m. - 12 a.m.
GP Confidential: Montreal
SpeedSport1#

Always CHECK YOUR LOCAL LISTINGS!
The Stock Car Gazette
Copyright 2002-2023 by MotorSportsNews.Net
All Rights Reserved
DONATIONS

Find us on X

Find us on Facebook

SUBSCRIBE / UNSUBSCRIBE  INFORMATION

IMPORTANT PRIVACY NOTICE:  The Stock Car Gazette mailing list is maintained completely by MotorSportsNews.Net.  Therefore, we can tell you we have not and will not ever share your e-mail address with anyone for any reason.

IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE:  ALL broadcast, publication, retransmission to e-mail lists, WWW or any other copying or storage, in any medium, online or not, is STRICTLY PROHIBITED without PRIOR written permission from the editor. However, you MAY manually forward an issue by e-mail to your friends IF 1.) The text is forwarded IN ITS ENTIRETY including all subscription and web page information, and 2.) NO FEE is charged. We ALWAYS appreciate readers who report violations of the copyright to webm...@motorsportsnews.net

IMPORTANT PERSONAL NOTICE:  Do you know for sure?  You can.  http://motorsportsnews.net/you-can-know-for-sure