SUS Diocese News - August 8, 2020

STMRYCPTS COMMUNICATION

Aug 10, 2020, 11:10:04 AM8/10/20
to stmaryorl...@googlegroups.com
SUS Diocese News
Dear Brethren,
We hope you are all enjoying the blessings of St. Mary Fast!

See what His Grace shares with us:
Two thousand years have passed since the time of our Lord Jesus Christ on earth leaving behind much room for intellectualization as well as speculations. Above all, her time casts a perpetual illumination on the type of life our dear Mother of God had led and the duties carried out by those "humble hands".

In Christ.
H.O.P.E. Lebanon Crisis Relief Fund

On August 4, 2020, a horrific explosion rocked the Lebanese capital near Beirut’s port and central district. The massive explosion took at least 137 lives and left over 5,000 more injured.With
the support of H.H. Pope Tawadros, H.O.P.E. is opening an emergency relief fund for those affected by this explosion and their families.

Online Donations > Designate: "HOPE: Lebanon Crisis Fund"

or via check made out to H.O.P.E. specifying “Lebanon Crisis Fund” and mail to:
H.O.P.E.
P.O. Box 342763
Tampa, FL
May God reward you.
Family Ministry Program (FMP)

It is the mission of the Family Ministry Program to preserve, protect, and heal the Christian family by training men and women from congregations all over North America to aid clergy in shepherding the flock.

Due to the Pandemic, the Fall Semester will be online & the Registration fee is reduced to $200.

Dates: September 4-6, 2020

Program Application deadline:
August 14, 2020

FMP Independent Learning

The Family Ministry Program (FMP) is offering this semester the opportunity to attend 3 courses online for educational enlightenment for those who are NOT part of the program.

The courses are:

  • Challenges facing Christian Marriage
  • Addiction
  • Human Sexuality

The course will consist of 4 lectures -1 ½ hours each.

The fee for each course will be $50.

Dates: September 4-6, 2020

Deadline: August 27, 2020

REGISTER > Select ‘Independent Class Registration (FMP)’
Asaph Hymns Institute

A 4 year online seminary program open to anyone in the world with a high school diploma or GED and promises to deliver the following:

  • Learn the hymns for all occasions
  • History, Rites, and Theology
  • Read and Understand the Coptic Language
  • Canons of the Diaconate
  • Leadership in the Diaconate

Fall Semester begins
September 14, 2020!

H.O.P.E. Health Care & Maintenance Program

This program will serve 24 needy villages in Egypt and help over 2,100 patients per year. We ask for your prayers and support.

Designate: "HOPE: Health Care Program"

May God reward you.
ST. MARY & ST. MOSES ABBEY
Renovation Project for the St. Mary Family Retreat Building

St. Mary & St. Moses Abbey is excited to announce they are looking to complete the long overdue renovation project for the St. Mary Family Retreat Building. This will not be an easy undertaking and will cost about $400,000. This will allow for many families and visitors to come and spend time at the abbey in a comfortable atmosphere.

More Info: English > | Arabic >

DONATE > Select 'Abbey: St. Mary Family Building Renovations'
H.O.P.E. COVID-19 Relief Fund

During these tough times, H.O.P.E. continues its commitment to the health, safety and well-being of our brethren everywhere as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve. Even though our churches are closed, our Coptic Community is stronger than ever. We will all get through this together as we continue to trust in the Lord with all our hearts and know that better days are coming.

Many people have reached out to us asking how they can help those in need that have been greatly affected by the unexpected destruction of this virus. H.O.P.E. has opened a COVID-19 Relief Fund to help those who are most in need during these very difficult days.

Orthodox Christian Campus Ministries ~ (OCCM)

Help ensure that your college students will be connected with Orthodox fellowship on-campus and navigate their freshman year of college as Orthodox college students!

Amazon Smile-Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate Diocese of Southern United States

Through AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible smile.amazon.com purchases to the charities selected by customers.
Here is the link to share with everyone to use when purchasing on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-3329366

If you shop on Amazon.com, please always use your same Amazon account login information using the link and 0.5% of the purchase will be donated to the Diocese: (create an account if you do not have one)
Be sure to follow us: