Fwd: Singer-Songwriter Jim Scott Event

1 view

Alessa Johns

Aug 8, 2023, 9:12:49 AM8/8/23
to stmarti...@googlegroups.com

Dear St. Martin-Green members,
We are invited by Lynne Nittler, head of the Yolo Interfaith Alliance for Climate Justice, to a musical event by composer/environmentalist Jim Scott, August 20th at 7pm, at the Unitarian Universalist Church on Patwin Road. Please see the links below for a preview and more information.
Alessa Johns
Chair, Care for God's Creation Committee
Episcopal Church of St. Martin

Join us for “The Year to Save the Earth” – A Multimedia Experience by Jim Scott

Dear Davis Faith Community,
Composer Jim Scott will present “The Year To Save The Earth: A Musical and Multimedia Experience" on Sunday, Aug. 20 at 7 p.m. at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Davis, 27074 Patwin Rd., Davis.

Scott received a grant from the National Education Association to present the program, which pairs his outspoken and celebratory songs with beautiful and striking images.

“The Year to Save the Earth” takes us from celebration to grieving, protest, learning and positive vision for the planet. Scott’s lyrical melodies and engaging poetry celebrate what’s beautiful, amazing, and fragile, nurturing a spirit of collective action for our planet.

There will be many invitations for people to join in the singing and then to get involved in environmental action. “Putting ourselves in harmony is the first step, and singing together opens hearts and inspires community, commitment and then a movement,” Scott says. “We hope ‘The Year to Save the Earth’ will provoke thought and further discussion, and move participants to take the vision home with them.”

For more information, visit
Home - Jim Scott - Composer, Guitarist, Singer .

Local contact: Dawn Student dawns...@gmail.com or Lynne Nittler at lnit...@sbcglobal.net.