Bluegrass Mass reminder

Alessa Johns

Apr 18, 2024, 8:21:35 PMApr 18
to stmarti...@googlegroups.com
Dear St Martin's Green list members,
I just wanted to remind you that we will be celebrating Earth Day at St Martin's with a Bluegrass Mass this Sunday the 21st at 4pm, in the Sanctuary.
It's called "The World Beloved: A Bluegrass Mass," performed by the Sanctuary Choir with Bay Area fiddler Michelle Masek, members of the UC Davis Bluegrass Ensemble, and friends, and the movements will be interspersed with poetry from Maurice Manning's collection "Bucolics." The mass is contemporary classical in form and sound yet evokes the downhome sound of bluegrass music. Admission is free, and it should last just over an hour.
We hope you will join us!
Alessa