Film "Common Ground" this week

Alessa Johns

Oct 17, 2023, 12:08:26 PM10/17/23
to stmarti...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
FYI: The film "Common Ground," a sequel to the acclaimed documentary "Kiss the Ground," is showing at Davis's Varsity Theater (616 Second Street) this week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening at 6pm.
Alessa
"Common Ground is the highly anticipated sequel to the juggernaut success documentary, Kiss the Ground, which touched over 1 billion people globally and inspired the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to put $20 billion toward soil health. By fusing journalistic expose’ with deeply personal stories from those on the front lines of the food movement, Common Ground unveils a dark web of money, power, and politics behind our broken food system. The film reveals how unjust practices forged our current farm system in which farmers of all colors are literally dying to feed us. The film profiles a hopeful and uplifting movement of white, black, and indigenous farmers who are using alternative “regenerative” models of agriculture that could balance the climate, save our health, and stabilize America’s economy – before it’s too late."

Pamela Dolan

Oct 17, 2023, 7:41:28 PM10/17/23
to Alessa Johns, stmarti...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks for sending this around, Alessa! I hope to go on Wednesday at 6. If anyone wants to meet up afterward to discuss, we could walk to a nearby restaurant and have a group conversation. Let me know!
Blessings,
Pamela+

The Rev. Dr. Pamela Dolan, Rector
Episcopal Church of St. Martin
640 Hawthorn Lane
Davis, CA 95616
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
“We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” --- Aldo Leopold,  A Sand County Almanac, 1949