Summer Creation Care

1 view

Alessa Johns

May 24, 2023, 1:15:18 PM5/24/23
to stmartin-green

Dear Members of the St Martin’s Green Listserv,

This message is to communicate what the church’s Care for God’s Creation committee has been up to, and to let you know how we will communicate during the summer months.

The following projects have received our greatest attention this year:

At the Forbes Ranch the Gathering Circle arbor has been completed, and we have applied for another Episcopal Community Services grant so that we can build a level pathway and plant native trees and bushes. Our Seeds of Justice Speakers’ Series included three presentations and we expect it to continue in the fall. Spirituality in Nature Gatherings (SINGs) have met monthly. St. Martin’s members have contributed to partnerships with other community groups—for example, the Yolo Climate Emergency and Action Coalition, and the Yolo Interfaith Alliance for Climate Justice.

Given the summer break and our Rector’s sabbatical, we intend to communicate via the St. Martin’s Green listserv from June through September instead of holding monthly meetings of the Care for God’s Creation committee. Please let us know if you have any questions, ideas, or comments. We can circulate those on the listserv as well.

Thank you, and have a pleasant summer!

Alessa Johns (aless...@gmail.com) and Ann Liu (skip2...@gmail.com), Co-Chairs of the Care for God’s Creation Committee, Episcopal Church of St. Martin, Davis, CA