Global Climate Strike actions, 9/15 & 9/17

Alessa Johns

Sep 9, 2023, 10:28:28 AM9/9/23
to stmartin-green

Dear St. Martin's Green Group Members,

All around the world people concerned about climate change will march and demand more political and social action September 15th & 17th, https://fightfossilfuels.net/

The Davis action on 9/15 at noon is being led by students from Fridays for Future; the Sacramento action on 9/17 intends to bring the message to our state government:

GLOBAL CLIMATE STRIKE 9/15 at noon

The Davis action takes place on Friday September 15th at noon. Our student-led Fridays for Future event starts with a walk from the Veterans Memorial building (14th and B Street) down B Street to Central Park. Just bring a climate sign and your voice. At Central Park, you will have an opportunity to hear speakers and sign a petition to ask Governor Newsom to end issuing fossil fuel permits in California. Davis Fridays for Future article in the 8/28 Davis Enterprise.

For more information: https://sites.google.com/u/0/d/1Uq5I1t7RLDuHrFcGKPmpqrNbR5oCa7m-/p/1ml3BILNWOuUUrnWqjXQs0NPM1RUC3wl7/preview?authuser=0

SACRAMENTO ACTION 9/17 at 11am-2.30pm

The Old Sacramento Sunday September 17th Climate Event is sponsored by a long list of climate action organizations, labor and professional associations. The event takes place from 11:00am - 2:30pm and you can come and go. There will be a giant mural painting, a float sized puppet show, games and notable speakers and an opportunity to take part in a peaceful action to tell Governor Newsom to stop issuing any more fossil fuel permits. Bring your own lunch. If you want to be part of the kayak flotilla - it’s there for you. If you are feeling more enthusiastic,  here is the volunteer form this volunteer form.  The tone of the event is friendly to all who attend while also directing a firm voice to our State government: End the Fossil Fuel Era.

In concern for our planet and future generations,

Alessa Johns

Chair, Care for God's Creation Committee

Episcopal Church of St. Martin, Davis, CA