webinar tomorrow (March 1) on Indigenous relations and the Church

Pamela Dolan

Feb 28, 2023, 9:43:06 PM2/28/23
to stmartin-green, Miriam Casey
Hi Friends,

Thought some of you would be interested in this webinar; wish I'd known about it sooner!

 “The Barbie & Pocahontas Dialogues: Healing the Cultural Divide Between Indigenous Episcopalians and the Church,” will take place on Wed., March 1 at 6:30 p.m. CST

The Rev. Rachel Taber-Hamilton is the Vice President of the House of Deputies of the Episcopal Church General Convention--the first time this position has been held by a Native American woman. Her bio continues: "As a Shackan member of the First Nation, Taber-Hamilton represents the Episcopal Church on the board of the Anglican Indigenous Network and is the Rector of Trinity Episcopal Church in Everett, WA. She served on the Episcopal Church delegation to the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues and also served on the Presiding Bishop's delegation to United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26). Rachel has 30 years of experience in cross-cultural communication, specialized ministry, social justice advocacy, and environmental advocacy. "

Given her involvement with environmental issues, I imagine there will be some wonderful insights on the intersection of environmental justice, traditional ecological knowledge, and more. Either way, the lecture sounds fascinating!

You can learn more and register for this free event here: https://theology.sewanee.edu/events/the-barbie-pocahontas-dialogues/

Blessings,
Pamela+

--